Water Is Too Warm

sharper4

I left for a 4 day vacation last week. While I was gone, I covered the pool just to make sure it was kept as clean as possible. The daytime temps avg about 100* and when I returned the water temp has risen from a consistent 86/87* to 94*. With the pool cover off I have found the temp to drop about 3*, but 91* water is still REALLY warm. Is there a way to cool the water (shy of replacing the water)?

Shows you we're all different. We look forward to our Fla pool reaching and sustaining temps 90 degrees and above. It ain't too hot to us. We think the pool almost uncomfortably cool below 87 degrees.

LOL and go figure!

Put some big fans blowing on it.

You can also freeze a few drums of water and throw them into the pool.

But if your pool is big it won't help much.

I finally resorted to going down to the local Wal-Mart and purchasing 100 bags of 10 pound ice.

:unsure::lol:

I mean - I just waited things out and its already down to 88* which is very close to where it started. Its already much more enjoyable. Its amazing how much a few ticks on the thermometer can affect comfort.

Put some big fans blowing on it.

You can also freeze a few drums of water and throw them into the pool.

But if your pool is big it won't help much.

I finally resorted to going down to the local Wal-Mart and purchasing 100 bags of 10 pound ice.

:unsure::lol:

I mean - I just waited things out and its already down to 88* which is very close to where it started. Its already much more enjoyable. Its amazing how much a few ticks on the thermometer can affect comfort.

Late to the party but maybe an idea for next time....

just drain some water off and refill off you house spigot. My water temp off the spigot is in the 50's.

I understand rigging up a fountain not only helps keep it clean, it can raise the ph and lower the temp of the pool. There are several on the market for above ground pools now.

How does rigging a fountian help keep the pool clean? The ones I've seen in catalogs connect to the filter return. Now, I'm not familliar with these fountains, but it looks to me that diverting the flow out of the return via a founatin, would reduce the circualtion of the pool and have a negative impact on overall filtration. no?

On a hot sunny day, with air temps in the high 80's how would a fountain cool the water?

OK only going on what others have tried and are finding helpful. This post from another site explains the cooling effect of a fountain http://www.troublefreepool.com/viewtopic.php?t=2501 . They dont seem to be having any circulation problems but maybe they have two pumps?

I will try to search down the stuff I saw on the cleaning effect and post it here also.

Trigger

I would find a fountain helpful in keeping my pool clean because I often have to lower my alkalinity by lowering my ph and then aerating to get my ph up without raising the alkalinity again. A fountain would do this - at the moment I have to run up and down the street looking for kids to chuck in the pool. If I dont keep my ph and alkalinity in check then my FC gets eaten up too fast and keeping the pool clean can become a chore.

Perhaps I should have explained my thinking more fully in my original post.