Hot Tub Accessibility

Greg D.

My 80 year old father in law is having difficulty getting in and out of our new Hot Springs Grandee tub that is sitting on a concrete slab.

I've got 3 feet of concrete space on the side of the tub where I plan on constructing some heavy duty steps and railings to assist him in getting in and out.

Any photos or commentary on this type of project would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Greg.

My 80 year old father in law is having difficulty getting in and out of our new Hot Springs Grandee tub that is sitting on a concrete slab.

I've got 3 feet of concrete space on the side of the tub where I plan on constructing some heavy duty steps and railings to assist him in getting in and out.

Thanks in advance,

Greg.

http://www.leisureconcepts.com/main.php?page=22

Look at these. If you mount it high enough the bar can rotate to assist getting in and out spas. Building steps would be more sturdy than the plastic ones everyone seems to make.

Thanks in advance,

Greg.

http://www.leisureconcepts.com/main.php?page=22

Look at these. If you mount it high enough the bar can rotate to assist getting in and out spas. Building steps would be more sturdy than the plastic ones everyone seems to make.

Thanks for the photo PS558,

I'm a little reluctant to screw anything to the skirt of the tub, especially when it's going to be leaned on quite heavily. I don't trust the plastic material to hold a lag screw of any size large enough to stabilize a bar like that. As I type though, it seems that I might be able to screw such a bar to the pressure treated lumber I plan to use.

Thanks again,

Greg.

Thanks for the photo PS558,

I'm a little reluctant to screw anything to the skirt of the tub, especially when it's going to be leaned on quite heavily. I don't trust the plastic material to hold a lag screw of any size large enough to stabilize a bar like that. As I type though, it seems that I might be able to screw such a bar to the pressure treated lumber I plan to use.

Thanks again,

Greg.

If you look closely, there is a model that is stabilized by a piece that slides under the spa rather than screwing into the skirt.