Elite Platinum Ll Noise Issue

murray

We've owned this tub about 3 months and went through h*** to get it to a downslope installation so returning it to Costco is not an option.

We're happy with the performance, even though as some have posted it seems rather hard on the electric biill.

My issue is with the noise transfer from the circulating pump. Our beddroom is about 30 feet away and we have a poured concrete patio which is contiguous. The noise from the 24/7 circ pump sounds like a 10K volt transformer buzz and I end up shutting it down most nights as the 'white noise' is annoying. we live in a quiet mountain rural setting so this is noticable.

I took it up with Hydro-Spa (Mfgs.) and they sent out a new pump. After finally finding a tech to install on their dime, it's no better. My sense is that the plumbing is transferring the noise through the tub chassisto the concrete. They say( after several calls) that they'll try to make me happy- but the tech says the solution is to put the circ pump on a separate timer. they maintain that any alterations to their wiring/unit will void the warranty.

Anyone out there have a similar problem (or even better- a solution ?

Murray

We've owned this tub about 3 months and went through h*** to get it to a downslope installation so returning it to Costco is not an option.

We're happy with the performance, even though as some have posted it seems rather hard on the electric biill.

My issue is with the noise transfer from the circulating pump. Our beddroom is about 30 feet away and we have a poured concrete patio which is contiguous. The noise from the 24/7 circ pump sounds like a 10K volt transformer buzz and I end up shutting it down most nights as the 'white noise' is annoying. we live in a quiet mountain rural setting so this is noticable.

I took it up with Hydro-Spa (Mfgs.) and they sent out a new pump. After finally finding a tech to install on their dime, it's no better. My sense is that the plumbing is transferring the noise through the tub chassisto the concrete. They say( after several calls) that they'll try to make me happy- but the tech says the solution is to put the circ pump on a separate timer. they maintain that any alterations to their wiring/unit will void the warranty.

Murray

This is normal for a low end spa. After 2 or 3 years you'll end up buying a good one like most who buy the cheapos/\

a solution ?

Murray

If you place your hand on it does the noise go away/dissipate through your hand? If not it may be the pump itself and not a vibration.

I might try taking a flat piece of rubber (maybe cut our of a welcome mat even) and try to place it under the circ pump and screw the pump back down. that may help to transfer the vibration IF that is truly the issue.

ahhhhh, the peace of mind I have because I bought a quality hot tub the first time around. Here I am able to relax in the tub that was delivered and set up for me, still working beutifully, hardly noticeable on my energy bills and as quiet as a feather floating. It s a shame I didnt buy that costco tub. I could be in the backyard trying to fix it instead of enjoying it. Where all the costco tub owners when you need them? The ones that gave me crap when I was buying my tub becasue I thought that the costco tub was cheap. Iknewiwasright, I know that your roaming this website somewhere Thats a quality tub now isnt it????? Well, I guess that since you dont want to return, which is the best solution. Do you have any explosives???? Hmmm, if your like all of the other costco tub owners so proud of their cheap attempts to save a dollar, you now get to be the spa mechanic as well. I am persoanlly getting tired of coming to this website. Its liike walking into a costco tub repair forum. Or a place for Costco tub owners to unite and make themselves feel better for their purchase.

ahhhhh, the peace of mind I have because I bought a quality hot tub the first time around. Here I am able to relax in the tub that was delivered and set up for me, still working beutifully, hardly noticeable on my energy bills and as quiet as a feather floating. It s a shame I didnt buy that costco tub. I could be in the backyard trying to fix it instead of enjoying it. Where all the costco tub owners when you need them? The ones that gave me crap when I was buying my tub becasue I thought that the costco tub was cheap. Iknewiwasright, I know that your roaming this website somewhere Thats a quality tub now isnt it????? Well, I guess that since you dont want to return, which is the best solution. Do you have any explosives???? Hmmm, if your like all of the other costco tub owners so proud of their cheap attempts to save a dollar, you now get to be the spa mechanic as well. I am persoanlly getting tired of coming to this website. Its liike walking into a costco tub repair forum. Or a place for Costco tub owners to unite and make themselves feel better for their purchase.

What brand spa did you buy first timer?

I am persoanlly getting tired of coming to this website. Its liike walking into a costco tub repair forum. Or a place for Costco tub owners to unite and make themselves feel better for their purchase.

This forum is for people who wish to share information and experiences. It is also a place where people can come when they need advice or help. If you are getting tired of coming to this website then I have some advice for you, don’t come here anymore! You will not be missed. This forum is not a place for snooty, overpriced spa owners to come and justify their purchases. Nor is it a place for arrogant, overpriced spa salesmen to justify having an enormous amount of inflated costs built into their tubs. There are plenty of other forums where you can go and be with like minded people. Try here: www.therichjerk.com/forum/

This forum is for people who wish to share information and experiences. It is also a place where people can come when they need advice or help. If you are getting tired of coming to this website then I have some advice for you, don’t come here anymore! You will not be missed. This forum is not a place for snooty, overpriced spa owners to come and justify their purchases. Nor is it a place for arrogant, overpriced spa salesmen to justify having an enormous amount of inflated costs built into their tubs. There are plenty of other forums where you can go and be with like minded people. Try here: www.therichjerk.com/forum/

You have obviously mistaken me. Obviously you dont know me, have never seen a prior post of mine, couldnt take the time to search my previous posts or all the above. I have never criticized someone for being on a budget, or for not having alot of money to spend on a hot tub. I laught at people that have bought costco tub becasue of the attempt to save a buck when blindly paying for it and still having a poorly made hot tub in the end. The biggest defense I always see popping up here for the Costco tub is, "well, it has a good return policy". Now theres a reason to buy a hot tub. Hmmm, lack of service thats now costing someone time. Cost to deliver the tub (one way or another it costs you, if you did it yourself please revert to my previous statement), additional cost to run a poorly made tub, if you add insulation then the cost of the insulation and again revert to my initial comment and then the cost to replace well before a quality tub. Let me further tell you that I am not rich nor am I dealer, salesman or any other biased person, just a well informed knowledgable consumer. Personally, I dont care what people buy. It makes no difference to me. I make these comments becasue I have posted many times that I have thought that the costco tub was junk and I have been flamed for such a comment. Since then I have seen multiple posts from people with this tub and having problems. Also, problems with dealing with the manufacture. I make these posts not to insult someone for being on a budget, trying to save money or someone that just doesnt have alot of mnoney to buy a hot tub. I do this in seek of those that flamed me for my opinion and for all of the people that tried saying that the costco tub was just as good as any tub out there, or for the people that think becasue the tub cost less that they just got a super duper deal. Nothing in life is free. I wanted a reliable good quality hot tub. For years, I could not afford one and instead of resoucing to the crap that places like costco dish out, I saved for a good one. Your reference to overinflated costs built into the tub does bother me. Is this in reference to aditional cost I spent on buying a hot tub that doesnt make a really loud buzzing noise? The energy I am saving? the fact that I havent had a problem with my tub? The delivery that came with my tub? The knowledge of a warranty that gives me the peace of mind knowing I wont have to hassle someone to fix it? Your right, its all the same. Mercedes Benz are the exact same as a ford festiva! BS! The funny thing is, you pay now or pay later. You arent really saving anything in the end. Its just a matter of the hot tub you get to use and what you have in the end. People have reported anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars a month to run the costco delight. My so called overinflated cost spa is running between 7-13 dollars per month depending on the time of the year. So go haead, spend the extra a month and call it a savings. I guess its that new math. What do I know? I only went through calculus, they never showed us that math.

You have obviously mistaken me. Obviously you dont know me, have never seen a prior post of mine, couldnt take the time to search my previous posts or all the above. I have never criticized someone for being on a budget, or for not having alot of money to spend on a hot tub. I laught at people that have bought costco tub becasue of the attempt to save a buck when blindly paying for it and still having a poorly made hot tub in the end. The biggest defense I always see popping up here for the Costco tub is, "well, it has a good return policy". Now theres a reason to buy a hot tub. Hmmm, lack of service thats now costing someone time. Cost to deliver the tub (one way or another it costs you, if you did it yourself please revert to my previous statement), additional cost to run a poorly made tub, if you add insulation then the cost of the insulation and again revert to my initial comment and then the cost to replace well before a quality tub. Let me further tell you that I am not rich nor am I dealer, salesman or any other biased person, just a well informed knowledgable consumer. Personally, I dont care what people buy. It makes no difference to me. I make these comments becasue I have posted many times that I have thought that the costco tub was junk and I have been flamed for such a comment. Since then I have seen multiple posts from people with this tub and having problems. Also, problems with dealing with the manufacture. I make these posts not to insult someone for being on a budget, trying to save money or someone that just doesnt have alot of mnoney to buy a hot tub. I do this in seek of those that flamed me for my opinion and for all of the people that tried saying that the costco tub was just as good as any tub out there, or for the people that think becasue the tub cost less that they just got a super duper deal. Nothing in life is free. I wanted a reliable good quality hot tub. For years, I could not afford one and instead of resoucing to the crap that places like costco dish out, I saved for a good one. Your reference to overinflated costs built into the tub does bother me. Is this in reference to aditional cost I spent on buying a hot tub that doesnt make a really loud buzzing noise? The energy I am saving? the fact that I havent had a problem with my tub? The delivery that came with my tub? The knowledge of a warranty that gives me the peace of mind knowing I wont have to hassle someone to fix it? Your right, its all the same. Mercedes Benz are the exact same as a ford festiva! BS! The funny thing is, you pay now or pay later. You arent really saving anything in the end. Its just a matter of the hot tub you get to use and what you have in the end. People have reported anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars a month to run the costco delight. My so called overinflated cost spa is running between 7-13 dollars per month depending on the time of the year. So go haead, spend the extra a month and call it a savings. I guess its that new math. What do I know? I only went through calculus, they never showed us that math.

The spelling lessons must be helping. You got them almost all right this time.

And for you information, my tub has been running twice as long as yours without so much as a hiccup

The spelling lessons must be helping. You got them almost all right this time.

And for you information, my tub has been running twice as long as yours without so much as a hiccup

Well one would think that there bound to get one right every now and then. My point was the number of them popping up on this site with issues, not to mention the poeple I know first hand that got to use costcos great return policy for hot tubs. Thanks for the compliment on my spelling lessons. I though that you might like that, I have been practicing just for you. I got the typing for dummies kit from costco. You probably know that already since they were on the special display right in between the hot tubs and pizza by the slice.

Well one would think that there bound to get one right every now and then. My point was the number of them popping up on this site with issues, not to mention the poeple I know first hand that got to use costcos great return policy for hot tubs. Thanks for the compliment on my spelling lessons. I though that you might like that, I have been practicing just for you. I got the typing for dummies kit from costco. You probably know that already since they were on the special display right in between the hot tubs and pizza by the slice.

HAHAHA on the left we have pizza's and if you look to the right we have spa's.

• 2 weeks later...

Murray

We can't hear the circ pump on our Platinum II if more than 8' away and it's not really even noticeable until about 3 feet away. Since it is obviously not the pump that's causing the noise, there must be some sort of piping or electrical rigid something or other that is touching both the pump and the cabinet wall. Did your electrician maybe use rigid conduit inside the cabinet that touches the pump? Just a guess.