Got A Price Today

southla

got one bid back on the pool i am trying to install. With pump,filter,salt chlorinator . light and laborand the 12 x 24 installed pool it came to 34,500 down in south la. He said he could install a 15 x 30 for the same price but his minimum for the job would be 35,000

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know your area but I know here completely (100% from scratch) replacing a vinal pool is $3-5K depending. We are in Michigan.

I recently priced a pool in south la. The pool quoted was free form, but 23'x 38', salt, Pentair pump/filter, light, coping, perimeter tile, two benches, Pentair auto cleaner, two skimmers, cleaning tools, 525' of additional concrete at $11.50/ft. , for $47400 incl tax. I swapped the sundeck coating on the additional concrete work for an 8' x 24" spillover with deck jets on top. I don't remember the exact breakdown, but he told me the pool was $38000. They're suppose to start Wednesday.

what company if you dont mind me asking?

Rainbow Pools in Kenner, La. In the past 2 months, I've called at least 5 different pool co's. 3 fiberglass and 2 gunite. The first fiberglass pool guy was nice and informative and I asked him to call me when he could come out in the next week. Never heard back(until today!). That was 2 mo's ago. The next 'glass guy was in Picayune. He had a sale going on and I contacted him to meet with me on Monday, the last day of the sale. Never heard back from him either. I tried a national chain gunite company in Metairie, but I get a little nervous when salesmen keep telling me how great they are and nobody can beat their price and can't do it faster. The last place I tried was Rainbow. They actually built a gunite pool for a neighbor and it looks awsome. So I made the appointment with the guy, after hours and he actually showed up with photos, insurance, licenses, BBB certificates...really on his game. I picked a pool and he came back on that Saturday on his time. I signed with him Friday night and he starts this Wednesday. I really feel comfortable using Rainbow and absolutely no pressure. Really easy to deal with, very laid back. They've been in business since '87, but have been building pools since '61. It's a Father/Son operation with crews. His son (part owner) does the excavation, rebar and gunite work himself with a crew assisting. Another crew does the finish work while he supervises. He assured me that he would be here everyday that his crews are working. After much debating, I really feel comfortable with Rainbow.

http://www.rainbowpoolandspas.com/page2.html

What town do you live in? I know that Rainbow has a big area that they service. I signed Friday, they applied for the permit Monday, came out today to form up the dig site(Tues)and he said they'll be here digging tomorrow(Wed) at 7:00am with or without the inspector. He definately does not let the grass grow beneath his feet.

im in st bernard. i actually have someone from rainbow coming tommorow morning at 10:30 am thanks to you giving me another Pool builder to check out. Sounds like all the sales people there must be the same way. The lady i spoke with is bringing all the same when she comes by tommorow. She said if we signed this week she could have a crew digging next week. Sounds fast enough to me. Will come back and let you know how it went after she comes in the morning.

Yesterday i called 6 pool builders in this area and so far i have only heard back from 2. I called a pool builder and left messages and i swear you'd thin i was asking to buy an elephant from them, its like they dont what anything to do what you.

Rainbow came out this morning and i gotta say i was real impressed with the presentation she came up with. I showed her exactly what i was looking for and a dollar figure i was interested at and she was able to come close to what i was expecting. I have another builder coming out today but i think the wife saw what she wanted and really liked the professional manner in which she presented the company. Seems pretty straight laced. I was able to get the 364 sq ft pool (14 x 26), sheer descent water feature, the 530 sq ft of sundeck, pentair pump and cartrdige filter, salt chlorinator, Fiber Optic light and etc for what i was quoted on the fiberglass plain jane pool from one of the other companies. I appreciate you telling me about Rainbow Pools. I hope to getthe contract signed and the ball rolling so they can start digging next week or the following week(dpeneding on the electrican hooking up a 220volt panel on the other side of the house). Will let you know more. Thanks again

Rainbow dug my pool today. It began raining after I left for work and I called to see if they called it a day due to the rain. He told me no and that they dig rain or shine. They are scheduled to shoot the gunite Friday morning no matter what. So far, they're slightly ahead of schedule. They're putting the rebar in tomorrow. I'm glad I didn't go fiberglass. I'm just skeptical of the water table here with fiberglass. I think you'll be happy with Rainbow.

thats always good to be ahead of schedule. I am going tommorrow to pick out the tile and color for the sundeck and sign on the contract. Im hoping to start digging the 1st week of august because i have some other things going on. I was hoping to have it all done by the 1st week of september (according to the saleswoman , but im a little skeptical) but it doesnt look like it will happen now because of the other things i have to take care of first. As soon as i get rolling on my pool build i am going to try and post some pics on here.I am actually amazed at how prepared this company is. Its good to know they dig rain or shine though because you never know what kind of weather were gonna have until about 15 minutes before it happens.

The crew rebar'd the pool today, through the rain. I have to go back to pick another tile. The one I had picked out was out of stock and I don't want to wait. I'm glad to see that things are going well with Rainbow. So far, I've had good luck with them and couldn't be happier.

Well i signed the contract today and it looks as though I will be getting started with the dig on Aug. 4th which works out well for me. I told the saleswoman that i was refered by you rh455, i dont know if you can or not but they give $250.00 for referrals that end up with a signed contract, so if you want to tell them that you referred them to me its fine with me and you should probably get $250.00 back. If they need to know more about me shoot me send me a message and and i will give you any info you might need. Anything helps.I picked out the tile and sundek color today at the shop, the owner likes Elvis a little huh?

Hope eveything is going smooth with your pool.

Well i signed the contract today and it looks as though I will be getting started with the dig on Aug. 4th which works out well for me. I told the saleswoman that i was refered by you rh455, i dont know if you can or not but they give $250.00 for referrals that end up with a signed contract, so if you want to tell them that you referred them to me its fine with me and you should probably get $250.00 back. If they need to know more about me shoot me send me a message and and i will give you any info you might need. Anything helps.I picked out the tile and sundek color today at the shop, the owner likes Elvis a little huh?

Hope eveything is going smooth with your pool.

Hey, thanks a million. Yes, it appears that Gino likes Elvis a little. My pool is coming along great. It's a gunite shell now. They are suppose to run the plumbing this week while I'm gone. Looks good thus far. You'll probably meet Jerome, Gino's son. REAL nice guy and very easy to deal with. You'll feel comfortable dealing with him. I've been taking photos but I have to upload them to a website to post them. I'll try to do that while I'm gone.

All i have is the layout of what is to come. Manuel1.jpg

Manuel2.jpg

its amazing how eveything looks exactly like it is in my backyard. I dont have a big backyard so i had to put what would fit in there but im sure the kids dont care how big it is.The only difference is the deck is mission tan

missiontan.jpg

and the tile is like this

ceririblu6.jpg

what company if you dont mind me asking?

Rainbow Pools in Kenner, La. In the past 2 months, I've called at least 5 different pool co's. 3 fiberglass and 2 gunite. The first fiberglass pool guy was nice and informative and I asked him to call me when he could come out in the next week. Never heard back(until today!). That was 2 mo's ago. The next 'glass guy was in Picayune. He had a sale going on and I contacted him to meet with me on Monday, the last day of the sale. Never heard back from him either. I tried a national chain gunite company in Metairie, but I get a little nervous when salesmen keep telling me how great they are and nobody can beat their price and can't do it faster. The last place I tried was Rainbow. They actually built a gunite pool for a neighbor and it looks awsome. So I made the appointment with the guy, after hours and he actually showed up with photos, insurance, licenses, BBB certificates...really on his game. I picked a pool and he came back on that Saturday on his time. I signed with him Friday night and he starts this Wednesday. I really feel comfortable using Rainbow and absolutely no pressure. Really easy to deal with, very laid back. They've been in business since '87, but have been building pools since '61. It's a Father/Son operation with crews. His son (part owner) does the excavation, rebar and gunite work himself with a crew assisting. Another crew does the finish work while he supervises. He assured me that he would be here everyday that his crews are working. After much debating, I really feel comfortable with Rainbow.

http://www.rainbowpoolandspas.com/page2.html

I think you made the correct decision. In my market we keep our crew busy and make no bones about how we have no interest in doing the cheapest, fastest pool. Why would you want that? Just FWI I'm going to buy my dads company with my brother. We have been in business for 40 years. Hopefully if we can do as well as our father it will be another 40. If someone has been around since '82 and they are still involved with their product then they will do a good job. Enjoy your pool!

All i have is the layout of what is to come. Manuel1.jpg

Manuel2.jpg

its amazing how eveything looks exactly like it is in my backyard. I dont have a big backyard so i had to put what would fit in there but im sure the kids dont care how big it is.The only difference is the deck is mission tan

missiontan.jpg

and the tile is like this

ceririblu6.jpg

Wow! That's incredible. Did she draw that or did you? Really neat program. Looks like an awsome layout. I really like the big spillover wall. That looks like the same tile that I picked out. What a small world!

Thanks,I told theresa the saleswoman that she gave me to many choices with the tile but this one stuck out the minute i saw it. As far as the program its called pool studio i believe and theresa did that. I sketched one by hand that we had her modify that looked like this...

scan00012.jpg

but after talking with her we did away with the wall the length of the pool and lowered the height of the width wall to 12 inches due to the pool being on the small size.I also like the full width stairs and the 8 foot loveseat under the water feature. I changed the standard light for the SAm Light also. I cant wait to start mine. I just bought a pair of Insignia Outdoor Rock Speakers that will go in the garden around the pool that look like this

8278124_ra.jpg

i cant wait to get it started so i can finish it!!!

I like having the layout so i can compare it to what the real thing looks like once its finished.

They got the shell done in 3 days. I left Saturday and my neighbor called Tues and said that they installed the plumbing, filter and pump. I'm not sure what else they got done while I've been gone. I still need to install a sub panel for additional 220 and 110 circuits for the pool.

I still have to run mine also. I asked Theresa what i needed to run and she told me i needed a 220v 30amp disconnect. I told my electrician this and he said there are two kinds. I have no idea what to make out of any of it. He said there is a 220v 30 amp disconnect for a/c that he can hook up and there is a 220v 30amp service disconnect where you can hook up additional wires to run different accessories. When i asked Theresa she said she needs a 220v disconnect. That kinda left the door open. My electrician says she needs a service panel type and I thought maybe she wants the A/C type and then she would hook into that box but now i have no idea.I guess ill wait to see monday when they come to dig. Hopefully it doesnt rain to bad because i cant wait to see the hole in the yard. My poor kids keep looking in the backyard and saying "whens it coming".

:D LOL! My pool is dug and I'm still telling the kids that we're just thinking about it. When Jerome comes out to dig, he'll let you know what you need. I believe that it's a service disconnect like an a/c connection. He told me just drop the wire and he'll supply the box and connection. I still have to run another sub panel and go from there.