Newbe Needs Help With Pump Problems

I recently bought a house with a Sunbelt Spa Alpha series (purchased in 07). I started it up and it ran fine for 2 days, then Monday I noticed the filter/pump was not shutting off, even in Economy mode. On Sunday I was adjusting the filter running times (2, 4, 6, and 8). Could that be the problem? I am not home all day to check the status of the filter but we draned it a few days ago and last night started over and it was running at 7:15 after priming and still runing at 6:45 this morning. When I turned the breaker back on it seemed to save my settings (I had changed the filter to 8, thinking that ment it ran every 8 hours) then changed it last night in Economy mode.

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the spa back to the factory settings and I can start all over and not change the filter running times?

Thanks!

The time you set for the filter cycles is how long the filter cycle will run twice a day. Say you turn the breaker to the tub on at 8 am, and it is set to run a 4 hr cycle.... It will come on, purge the system and then filter till 12:00. At 8pm it will come on again till midnight and so on.

If the spa has a 24 hour circulation pump, that pump will run 24 hours a day unless the tub gets over 3 degrees higher than the set temp.

Economy mode only allows it to heat durning the set filter cycles. Not real useful in the summer since it wont call for heat much anyway. The pump will still run.

Balboa controls have a memory to what you have set even when powered down so you will have to reset them yourself. Its not to hard. Most people do 4 hr cycles if the tub is used frequently. This gives 8 hours of filtration total.

Do you have the book or card that exsplains the system from Sunbelt? Depending on how they choose to configure the sublevel programming there may be other options on your tub such as D, N or DN ect. Their phone number is 800.258.7727.