I Picked Up An Older 3 Man Beachcomber - Insight And Advice Sought

d0n

Hi people. I acquired a 1980's (I think) beachcomber 3 person hot tub. The previous owner assured me that it works. However, I have yet to hook it up. I just had a deck built specifically for this tub so I will be hooking it up soon.

It's in pretty nice condition. I love the "old school" marbled brown look. It has a blower. That's about all I know about it.

This is my 1st tub and I have to say I don't have much hot tub knowledge... just what I've been able to read on the internet.

I will be having an electrician wire it.

What do I need to know before filling it up? I did notice a metal temperature probe (about 4 inches long) on a long stiff wire UNDER the tub. It's just laying there. Where would that go and what is it for?

Here are a few pics of my tub and deck. If you happen to know what year & model the tub is, let me know. I contacted beachcomber but they weren't much help.

Thanks!

PI5Send2.jpg

PI5Send3.jpg

This is the small deck and platform I just had built for the tub. It will be sitting on a rectangle of 6x6's. Very solid. The "wood lip around the top of the tub enclosure will rest right on the deck. I have contacted a crane company to set the tub into position.

Any advice or thoughts?

Picture002.jpg

Yes, I know the whole project is kind of low budget :) I've always wanted a hot tub but never could convince myself to go into debt for one. This is my alternative. Hopefully, it works out.

I've read that hot tubs have a life expectancy of 15 years. This one is obviously older. I'm pretty good with fixing things so the tubs age doesn't bother me.

Hmmm... I guess I have to go out and buy one of those big, expensive, ugly looking grey plastic tubs (that seem to be the norm in todays market) to get a reply? :wacko:<_<

Can anyone direct me to a forum where the older tubs are appreciated and advice is given on them?

what am I... black or something?

Hopefully blackballed after that comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee and I was going to reply and offer advise as a former Beachcomber guy of 15 years. Right up until the "black" comment. May your tub implode while you're in it!

I did not try to help because 1: I do not know to much about beach comber, and 2: You have not given to much info that we can help with. I can say the temp probe goes into the temp probe holder which should be in the acrylic somewhere. Can't see the inside of the tub enough to tell where, but there is usually a silver nub sticking out into the tub. For it to read right you may have to put a dab of silicone over the end after replacing it, that is unless it is a high limit probe, thats a different can of worms.....

Have you even put water in to check for leaks, thats the first step we have for most people that get old tubs. I would do this before spending money on a crane.

We are looking at a tub tommorow that somone got for free and assured it ran, once getting it home it was found to have no control system and at least 13 leaks. We will see what else when we get out to it. Some people just don't want to pay the dump for the disposal fee.

We can not help what is not known yet and we don't get paid to sit here waiting for someones questions. We have paying customers to deal with also, most are here out of the kindness of their hearts. When you ask a question, give sometime for someone to answere it and don't be rude or they won't help you.