Hot Springs Deck Software?

I tried getting the "deck builder" software at the Hot Springs website to work, to no avail. Does it run for anyone else? I tried on both my home and work computers. I have the latest Java loaded and I disabled pop-up blockers.

Thanx!

Steven

You might try the Lowes website. I've used their software package to design two decks, one with my hot tub on it.

Hello,

I just found out about this forum. I am tech support for the company that wrote the deck designer for Hot Spring. We have found that the majority of problems with the designer deal with popup blockers. I personally have found that most blockers don't disable well, so rather than turn them off, I leave them on and set them to allow www.diyonline.com. This usually eliminates the problem of the tool not starting. We are also working with Hot Spring to get them to set it so it doesn't use popups at all. Most of our clients have gone to this setup. (Lowe's being about the only exception.) (Yes we wrote the one for Lowe's as well.) If you have any trouble with deck designer, post a detailed description of the trouble or email me at support@diyonline.com. Thx

• 2 weeks later...

I tried getting the "deck builder" software at the Hot Springs website to work, to no avail. Does it run for anyone else? I tried on both my home and work computers. I have the latest Java loaded and I disabled pop-up blockers.

Thanx!

Steven

Hello,

I manage the Hot Spring web site. Sorry for the frustrations on the deck tool. Please make sure that your pop-up blocker is disabled - this seems to be the leading cause of problems. We have also recently made a few other adjustments to alleviate any user issues. If you still have difficulty, please send an email to the sofware designer:hss_support@diyonline.com

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Jacquie

Hot Spring Spas

Thanx!

Steven

Hi Steven,

You might try the deck builder on the Trex website. It looks like it is the same program, but it has has a nicer interface and lets you create a 3-level deck which I had trouble doing through the diyonline.com version. The Trex version also lets you cut out corners for hot tubs which I didn't see on the others.

What's weird though about the Trex version, is that there is a step where you get to add your hot tub, benches and tables and stuff to your deck design, but when you go to look at your report it's all gone. I don't know if it's a bug or what, but it seemed to be a totally waste of a step.

Trex Deck Bulder Website

Shawn

The Trex is definitely our best interface. The Outdoor Accessories section has only been implemented for being able to see how everything would look on your deck. It hasn't been implemented to affect structural portions of the deck to this date. That is why it doesn't show up in the report. It is something Trex is planning on having us do for the next version, which I believe is due before next summer. Sorry for any inconvenience.

The Trex is definitely our best interface. The Outdoor Accessories section has only been implemented for being able to see how everything would look on your deck. It hasn't been implemented to affect structural portions of the deck to this date. That is why it doesn't show up in the report. It is something Trex is planning on having us do for the next version, which I believe is due before next summer. Sorry for any inconvenience.

No inconvenience... I was just confused by the step because I was expecting to be in the report.

Another nice feature would be able to resize of things you put on the deck. For example the table doesn't fit on my deck design.

My number one wish would be if the software would query a HomeDepot or Lowes website and you could calculate the cost of all the materials on the fly in the final report... that would be sweet!

Overall, I'm impressed. It's the best free tool I've seen around.