Filling From A Well,,

Well,, I'm nearing the top now and all seems well,, no pun intended.. My pump isnt working hard at all.. Its been on a trickle for 8 hrs or so.. might take 9 to fill completely,, that be 50 gallons per hr.. like 9 women taking showers one after another..

Might turn off soon and finish in the morning..

Thanks,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update,, My well had plenty of water, but my well pump wasn't so good.. lasted a little more than a week from filling and dropped out while I was in the shower.. The tech that replaced the pump said it was on borrowed time for the last few years and filling the tub just pushed it over the edge..

• 3 weeks later...
Just to update,, My well had plenty of water, but my well pump wasn't so good.. lasted a little more than a week from filling and dropped out while I was in the shower.. The tech that replaced the pump said it was on borrowed time for the last few years and filling the tub just pushed it over the edge..

Stevie,

My plumber told me that I should run the hose for 1 hour and then shut it off for 1 hour and follow this schedule to fill the tub. This lets the well pump cool down, and it prevents the water level in the well from dropping too much. This method also minimizes the muck that is sometimes stirred up when running the hose too long.

Greg.