What Is A Comfortable Pool Temp

Angela

Now I have a clean pool, I would like to get the temperature right. It is still a little cool here in England so I would like to heat the pool at a comfortable temp for the children. I'm a bit lost when it comes to temps. I can set the wanted temp on my heat exchange pump but have no idea really what that temp should be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you both. Still trying to figure out my digital display thingy on the heater but it looks like the temp is set to reach 40 degrees or 45 tops. I'm not sure it will even go above that at the moment. 75 degrees sounds like a bath to me! But bliss on a cool day. ok I will see what it feels like at 40 and see if I can take it higher if needed.

Thanks

I think it depends on the ambient air temp and sunlight. When we opend the pool in March/April we would swim in 75F water if the sun was shining on us. Now that it is close to 100F each day the pool is staying near 90 and that seems a little cool. I'd like 92F to 94F.

Thanks everyone - from your replies I gathered that I didnt have to worry too much about the temp going too warm. The heat exchanger says the water coming out of the pool is 28c at the moment and is a real pleasure to swim in even though its a bit cool here in Surrey England.

Thanks everyone - from your replies I gathered that I didnt have to worry too much about the temp going too warm. The heat exchanger says the water coming out of the pool is 28c at the moment and is a real pleasure to swim in even though its a bit cool here in Surrey England.

For those of us who endured the boat ride (not in England*).

38c = 100f

35c = 95f

34c = 93f

33c = 91f

32c = 90f

31c = 88f

30c = 86f

29c = 84f

28c = 82f

27c = 80f

26c = 79f

25c = 77f

24c = 75f

23c = 73f

22c = 72f

21c = 70f

20c = 68f

* Note: I use to work with a bunch of Brits and Scots and we always had a good fun with one-upsmanship on whose country was better. Mayflower (boat ride joke) is purely in the same spirit of having fun. No offense intended. :P

Our afternoon temps are averaging in the mid to upper-90F's and the low temps are normally in the 70F's. My pool stays at a consistent 84*F all day long and I think its about ideal. Its warm enough in the evening to be very comfortable in yet cool and refreshing to step in to during the afternoon sun.

I am absolutely amazed. England - and I am in the pool every day as soon as I get home from work. The water is so comfortable. A bonus is that all the splashing I do swimming is having a good affect on the TA. I love my pool :rolleyes:

I did cross the water GT but to Oz for 3 years, not the New Country, although I did ski in New Hampshire about 10 years ago (very polite on the slopes you lot) and I visited New York a few years ago - I loved the buildings. They were awsome. All of them crowded next to each other and so very different from each other. But magnificant!