Frog Help - What Number 1-6

JackVa1

Our Caldera is just a few months old. Justtwo of us use it three days a week.

I just changed the Bromine cartridge and it seemed to still have some bromine in it after 6 weeks. It was set to number 4 . The cartridge suggests starting with number 3 and our levels were fine at 4 (dealer picked this number) , but 6 weeks????

I was told to change this every month so I finally changed it, but what gives?

My ppg has always read good based on the strip test.

Also - does the weekly "shock " affect this reading? It seemed high after my shock last week.

Thanks for any information

I just changed the Bromine cartridge and it seemed to still have some bromine in it after 6 weeks. It was set to number 4 . The cartridge suggests starting with number 3 and our levels were fine at 4 (dealer picked this number) , but 6 weeks????

Also - does the weekly "shock " affect this reading? It seemed high after my shock last week.

Why did you change it if it had some bromine left? You are just one of the lucky ones that does not "chew" up as much bromine.

Yes, when you shock, it re-establishes the bromine that is in your tub. To explain in layman terms the best I can, picture a circle...when the bromine is working on killing gers the circle shrivels up. You are adding more bromine, non shriveled circles, throughout the entire week. When you shock once a week, the shock makes all those shriveled circles become round again thus super shocking germs.

This said, as time goes on with you adding bromine via the feeder, you may need to adjust it down since the bromine never really gets used up.

I hope I helped.

Why did you change it if it had some bromine left? You are just one of the lucky ones that does not "chew" up as much bromine.

Yes, when you shock, it re-establishes the bromine that is in your tub. To explain in layman terms the best I can, picture a circle...when the bromine is working on killing gers the circle shrivels up. You are adding more bromine, non shriveled circles, throughout the entire week. When you shock once a week, the shock makes all those shriveled circles become round again thus super shocking germs.

This said, as time goes on with you adding bromine via the feeder, you may need to adjust it down since the bromine never really gets used up.

I hope I helped.