Caledera Diverter Issue

Matt in BV...For some reason I can't reply to your message but I can start a new message with no problem...it comes up with a server error message...anyone else having this problem?

The problem you are having with the lever can be fixed easily. If the lever has come all the way out (or if you can get all of it out), you need to pull it apart (it is actually 2 pieces that may be seized together). Pull the outside diverter or on/off valve cap off from the piece with the threads on it.

Then screw the piece with threads on it back in as tight as you can get it...then put the outside valve back on to it. The reason it becomes seized is that people try to crank it on/off too hard and the inside lever and the outside valve become seized together.

If the pieces are not seized together then it may be a simple case of the o'ring being crimped or missing.

Matt in BV...For some reason I can't reply to your message but I can start a new message with no problem...it comes up with a server error message...anyone else having this problem?

The problem you are having with the lever can be fixed easily. If the lever has come all the way out (or if you can get all of it out), you need to pull it apart (it is actually 2 pieces that may be seized together). Pull the outside diverter or on/off valve cap off from the piece with the threads on it.

Then screw the piece with threads on it back in as tight as you can get it...then put the outside valve back on to it. The reason it becomes seized is that people try to crank it on/off too hard and the inside lever and the outside valve become seized together.

If the pieces are not seized together then it may be a simple case of the o'ring being crimped or missing.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY DAN!!! I got home last night and kept looking at them, messing around and the knob slipped a little. I pulled, it came off, screwed the threaded assembly to the tub, put the knob back on and it works like a charm. My next dilemna is the VersaSage jet on my tub has spit out all of it's bearings. I've tried to get it back together, no luck. My lovely dealer says, sure no problem! only 80bucks for a new one........I'm looking online to try and find one, any ideas on where to buy or who might make that particular jet would be so much help!!!

Matt