Easy Way To Replace Ec65 "e" Clips?

I need to replace the "e" clips on my Haywood EC65. This is VERY difficult, especially for the bottom one, due to the need to press the discs close together to reveal the "E" ring slot. Is there a standard easy procedure to do this, besides trial and error? Is there a special tool available?

I need to replace the "e" clips on my Haywood EC65. This is VERY difficult, especially for the bottom one, due to the need to press the discs close together to reveal the "E" ring slot. Is there a standard easy procedure to do this, besides trial and error? Is there a special tool available?

Whoa, Hey Mike, Sorry to reply with a question, but Where are the e clips and what do they do? Thanks :blink:

Whoa, Hey Mike, Sorry to reply with a question, but Where are the e clips and what do they do? Thanks :blink:

Hi, thanks for answering

I think I might have mispoken, although I thought I've seen them refered to as E clips in other forums. The EC65 schematic refers to them as "Perflex Reatiners," and, along with an "O" ring and a flat washer, they clip to the bump shaft, holding the Tube Sheets together. I replaced some tubes last year, and only worked with the bottom retainer, which is nearly impossible to get to since it's surrounded by the tubes. Since I have to take apart the whole mechanisim this time to check to see if the TOP retainer broke, I'm wondering if it'll be easier to assemble working from the bottom up?