Losing Pressure

wIZe

Hello Everyone,

I just opened my pool three days ago with a new Hayward DE-4826 filter an Super pump/strainer from last year. But for some reason is already losing pressure. I replace the seal from strainer lid and lube it; I clean the basket and from skimmer too and also clean the filter three times and no LUCK. Gauge reads less than 10 and within 2 hours it went to 20 and hardly any water was coming back through the return. I tried backwash no LUCK either. I even went on replacing the o-ring from my VALVES and still. Any suggestions?? Thank you

Hello Everyone,

I just opened my pool three days ago with a new Hayward DE-4826 filter an Super pump/strainer from last year. But for some reason is already losing pressure. I replace the seal from strainer lid and lube it; I clean the basket and from skimmer too and also clean the filter three times and no LUCK. Gauge reads less than 10 and within 2 hours it went to 20 and hardly any water was coming back through the return. I tried backwash no LUCK either. I even went on replacing the o-ring from my VALVES and still. Any suggestions?? Thank you

How green is the pool? did you vac at all? Did you remember to put DE in the correct amount? Does your filter have a multiport valve or slide valve? All return valves open going to the pool? Do you have good pressure when it running at 10 psi?

If you have a multiport valve turn the pump off and turn it to recirculate, this bypasses the filter elements and just put water back to the pool.turn pump on the pressure should be strong from the returns.

Don't get mad but really stupid question, are you running the pump when you backwash?

It may just be time to take it apart and hose of the filter elements. drain the water out of the tank first before removing the clamp

Hi ps558,

Thanks for your quick responce. :)

How green is the pool?

The bottom was like green mold but the water was clear..

did you vac at all?

I was not able to because everytime i tried i loose pressure..

Did you remember to put DE in the correct amount?

I put the right amount..

Does your filter have a multiport valve or slide valve?

Multiport Valve

All return valves open going to the pool?

Yes sir

Do you have good pressure when it running at 10 psi?

Execellent! but then it goes down hill.. :(

If you have a multiport valve turn the pump off and turn it to recirculate, this bypasses the filter elements and just put water back to the pool.turn pump on the pressure should be strong from the returns.

I just did that right now and it runs PERFECT!!! :) i wish it stays like that.

are you running the pump when you backwash?

Yes sir

It may just be time to take it apart and hose of the filter elements. drain the water out of the tank first before removing the clamp

I did three time.. :(

I just check and no luck! :(

Do you have a valve before the pump? Skimmer and bottom drain. Does it work different with just one or the other?

1 more easy check I thought of. From the pump discharge is it going to pump port on the multiport valve. To see if it plumbed backwards.

Does the pump run with a full basket?

I am going have to think more on this one

Do you have a valve before the pump? Skimmer and bottom drain. Does it work different with just one or the other?

1 more easy check I thought of. From the pump discharge is it going to pump port on the multiport valve. To see if it plumbed backwards.

Does the pump run with a full basket?

I am going have to think more on this one

Hi ps558,

Everything is install the proper way.

I just got home from work and found sand all in my pool... :( is thats why is loosing presure??? i have a de-filter not a sand filter.. i hope that i dont have to repair the inground pvc pipes. Maybe it came loose? im stressing now :(

thanks

If you go from a good flow after back washing to a poor flow in a couple hours you have two options. Acid wash the filter grids or replace them. Thats really it. If when you B/W and the flow returns to normal while doing it, Its time to replace the filter grids.

If you go from a good flow after back washing to a poor flow in a couple hours you have two options. Acid wash the filter grids or replace them. Thats really it. If when you B/W and the flow returns to normal while doing it, Its time to replace the filter grids.

I just bought the filter like 2weeks ago.. should i still try that method? Thanks for your response

• 2 weeks later...