Arctic V. Sundance V. ?

which to buy...

before wet testing, thought we wanted HS Envoy.

Now going to test Arctic Klondiker - liked Summit alot, but want lounge.

Also may look at Sundance Cameo.

Looking for well made, w/lounge, <$10K

Any other sugestions?

Comments from Arctic owners?

never thought this would be so hard!

You might be able to get a Hot Springs Vista for just under 10k. I really liked that tub after a wet test. I also wet tested the Cameo and that was nice too (although I prefer the headrests on the Hot Springs over the Sundance).

Wet test the Envoy. At first I thought I would like it but I ended up hating it. Did not like the "adirondeck seat" at all on the Envoy.

I'm still torn between a Cameo and a Vista. Ugh.

When I was looking around and trying to figure out what to buy, my first choice was the HS Envoy...until we wet tested it. My wife and I did not like it very much. We then wet tested the Sundance Maxxus, which we immediately loved. But the lounger did not fit nor feel right to either of us. Although, before wet testing anything, I thought I wanted a lounger. After wet testing, I found out the lounger was not going to work for us. So, if you haven't already, make sure you wet test each lounger that you think you may want before you purchase.

We finally purchased the Sundance Optima...absolutely no regrets. Though, it is more difficult than buying a car.

I looked at Artesian, Hot Springs & Sundance (plus a couple of others). We wanted a lounger. Making a long story short, we ended up with a Sundance Altamar. Its not here yet, but for us anyway, that was the better tub and we got a good deal ($8,700 - includes TAX, delivery, cover, lift, steps & starter chem kit).

thank you all so far -

I am hoping we love Arctic Klondiker when wet test tomorrow. husband wants lounge & I seem to be too short ( 5'2") - Klondiker has 2: 1 big & 1 smaller.

if not, we will be back to Sundance and need to find wet Cameo &/or Altamar to test - are their lounges same size as Maxxus? we wet tested the Maxxus, but it is too big over all & lounger too long for me..

am trying to not add brands...

didn't like Envoy, esp. Moto-Massage... and I floated too much, so Vista not an option; we really wanted Hot Springs based on great product & sales people - so a big thanks to everyone who said a wet test is a must!!

thank you all so far -

I am hoping we love Arctic Klondiker when wet test tomorrow. husband wants lounge & I seem to be too short ( 5'2") - Klondiker has 2: 1 big & 1 smaller.

If you go that route make sure you both LOVE the lounges. Double lounge spas are pretty rare (not much demand). Having two lounges in a spa takes up a lot of seating space. With your lack of verticality I suggest you test non-lounge spas as well while you're there. First time buyers sometimes get it in their head that they need a lounge. Veteran spa owners tend to realize they don't need one and should only get a lounge spa if it specifically fits them just right!!

thank you all so far -

Don't rule out the Vista just because you didn't like the Envoy. I didn't like the Envoy and I didn't even like the Grandee. But I really liked the Vista.

Also I think you will like the Cameo. I wet tested the Maxxus and it didn't "wow" me for 11k. The lounge was too long and I wasn't a fan of all the defined seating. The Cameo lounge is a little shorter and IMO much more comfortable.

The only thing that keeps leading me back to Hot Springs are the headrests which are very comfortable.

Thank you all!

I bought an Arctic Summit Legend Extreme yesterday!

w/cover/lifter/onzen/start chems/basic steps/flex cabinet & forever floor. No iPod input or fancy lights.

DjPiLL - we didn't like moto-massage, but really liked HS product & sales people.

re: headrests - have seen generic ones online w/ weights that hang over side of tub... also suction cup - don't know if they are brand specific.

Tried to test Cameo - went to dealer who said on phone we could test it & was ice cold! guess I will wonder if I should have tried harder to test it...

Have you picked yet? After re-reading posts I think we were looking in same area - Rt. 110?

spatech (the unreal one) - I didn't like shorter lounge so klondiker was out! we were those "First time buyers get in head need lounge" but liked Summit (no lounge) & husband didn't want to test anymore...

Now I have to call electrician, decide what to put it on & prepare the ground...

Thank you all!

I bought an Arctic Summit Legend Extreme yesterday!

w/cover/lifter/onzen/start chems/basic steps/flex cabinet & forever floor. No iPod input or fancy lights.

DjPiLL - we didn't like moto-massage, but really liked HS product & sales people.

re: headrests - have seen generic ones online w/ weights that hang over side of tub... also suction cup - don't know if they are brand specific.

Tried to test Cameo - went to dealer who said on phone we could test it & was ice cold! guess I will wonder if I should have tried harder to test it...

Have you picked yet? After re-reading posts I think we were looking in same area - Rt. 110?

spatech (the unreal one) - I didn't like shorter lounge so klondiker was out! we were those "First time buyers get in head need lounge" but liked Summit (no lounge) & husband didn't want to test anymore...

Now I have to call electrician, decide what to put it on & prepare the ground...

Whatspa

Congrats on your purchase, what was the final cost in the end for the Summit?

I have narrowed my search to the Arctic Yukon or Tundra Tubs with the Onzen feature (after a drytest and the dealer offering the Tundra for the same price of the Summit) and have received a quote after a first time visit. We wil be wettesting the 2 this evening and if we like them we are hoping that they throw a few stuff in or are willing to negotiate a bit.