Arctic Spa Leaking 3 Years Old

MEH

I have an Arctic Spa hotub. It is leaking like a sieve( in winter loses about 10 inches of water a week in warmer temps about 6 inches) . The dealer can't fix it. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try. It is supposed to have a 5 year warranty but he said too bad not my problem. It started leaking when it was two years old. Sometimes when I am in it and the night is quiet I can hear the drip drip drip of water inside. I've had the sides off it. I don't know where it is dripping from. there are no leaks evident around the outside of the hottub but there are always puddles inside on the floor of the hot tub. I also can occasionally hear the swoosh of moving pooled water underneath the hottub if I move about in the hottub. That is how bad it is. Anyone have any ideas that could help me. Is there a manual on hot tub maintenance and construction that anyone can recommend?

I have an Arctic Spa hotub. It is leaking like a sieve( in winter loses about 10 inches of water a week in warmer temps about 6 inches) . The dealer can't fix it. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try. It is supposed to have a 5 year warranty but he said too bad not my problem. It started leaking when it was two years old. Sometimes when I am in it and the night is quiet I can hear the drip drip drip of water inside. I've had the sides off it. I don't know where it is dripping from. there are no leaks evident around the outside of the hottub but there are always puddles inside on the floor of the hot tub. I also can occasionally hear the swoosh of moving pooled water underneath the hottub if I move about in the hottub. That is how bad it is. Anyone have any ideas that could help me. Is there a manual on hot tub maintenance and construction that anyone can recommend?

I have a 5 yo Solana TX that started leaking last season upon opening. After 2 months, and about $360.00 it was fixed by the dealer tech. It took them 4 visits. They ended up tearing out foam insulation to locate the leak. It was in a supply pipe to the back outlets. This is my first and last hot tub, I'll use the money on gas and heating oil next time :)

If yours is leaking that badly, you have nothing to lose trying to find the leak your self and affecting a repair.

Hmm. Thanks fpr the suggestion of where to look. I am already thinking we are going to have to repair it ourselves as the dealer won't and what do you do with a leaky hottub. My talent is education not in hottub repair however I suppose one should always be open to the opportunity of learning new skills :-) Most people these days worry about the cost of fuel. For us because we have to haul our water we worry about the rising cost of hauling water. It is precious and besides the inconvenience we cannot afford to be topping up a hottub every week with our hauled water. All that aside I love a hottub and if this cannot be fixed will be sad to let it go.

I have an Arctic Spa hotub. It is leaking like a sieve( in winter loses about 10 inches of water a week in warmer temps about 6 inches) . The dealer can't fix it. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try. It is supposed to have a 5 year warranty but he said too bad not my problem.

Thank you for purchasing our product. I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue. We do honor our warranty and I'll do my best to help you.

I see that you've sent additional information in a PM so please give me a chance to contact your dealer and investigate. If you have also emailed the company, that email will also come to me. I ask your patience as I look into this.

Thanks

Tom

• 14 years later...
20 hours ago, Jamie Dal said:

Tom, glad to hear you honor warranty. I have a spa less than 4 years old that is leaking like crazy.  How best to get warranty honored and spa fixed?

jamie 

@Jamie Dalthis post is 14 years old. This guy has not been on here since 2009. Start your own thread if you have any questions for those of us currently on this forum.

• Like 1