Concrete Versus Fiberglass?

Hello all!

I am completely new to this forum and scanned the topics, but may have missed what I am looking for.

I am in Charlotte, NC and am considering getting a small to medium sized pool put in the backyard (inground) and am trying to get some feedback regarding concrete versus fiberglass pools - cost/maintenance and any other feedback that you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!! :D

Hello all!

I am completely new to this forum and scanned the topics, but may have missed what I am looking for.

I am in Charlotte, NC and am considering getting a small to medium sized pool put in the backyard (inground) and am trying to get some feedback regarding concrete versus fiberglass pools - cost/maintenance and any other feedback that you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!! :D

I am outside the Charlotte area. I can't speak on concrete, but my Hatteras Fiberglass pool is probably as easy to maintian as anything you can purchase. I only spend about $100.00 to 150.00 per season on chemicals and I don't skimp. I open in about mid May and close about the end of September. :D

Fiberglass is going to be lower maintenance in the long run. It is a non reactive surface so you will have less problems with pH control and algae will not stick to it and damage the surface like it can with plaster. Also plaster does need to be acid washed every 5 years or so and will need replastering down the line. Biggest drawback to fiberglass is ususally the higher price and you have to select from one of the manufactured shapes and sizes....no customization.

IMHO, fiberglass is the winner.