Spa Frog

sagemurphy

Have been reading about the Spa Frog floating system . If I start with a bromide bank, then would I use the spa frog with minerals and bromine instead of the bromine tab floater? Would I then need to shock with non-chlorine shock?(weekly or more often). Any pros or cons with this system? I would like to decide which way to go as I would like to order on line and want to refill this weekend.

Have been reading about the Spa Frog floating system . If I start with a bromide bank, then would I use the spa frog with minerals and bromine instead of the bromine tab floater? Would I then need to shock with non-chlorine shock?(weekly or more often). Any pros or cons with this system? I would like to decide which way to go as I would like to order on line and want to refill this weekend.

We have customers that use the frog and really like it. You can keep your bromine levels down on the lower side and the mineral stick helps keep the water softer and there is hardly any "bromine" smell. Yes you do have to shock once per week, more if the spa is heavily used. The shock oxidizes (breaks down) any contaniments brought into the spa and "recharges" the bromine, freeing it up and making it so less bromine is used. It may help with your spa itch since you can keep lower levels of bromine and are not adding chlorine to the tub. It seems to be more gentle on the skin than traditional bromine tablet systems. Keep your PH in check. Very important. Cons may be the cost. It may be more pricy than tradional bromine tabs.

• 4 weeks later...

So I was thinking about the spa frog floating system and I just went to a dealer who sells it, and he talked me out of it. His thoughts were (1) its a very expensive way to add bromine, and (2) the ozonator ought to enable you to get by with a low bromine level anyway, so the mineral cartridge is superfluous. He also sells a couple of other mineral systems made to fit in particular systems, said they could be used in just about any tub, and told me he thought they probably weren't worth the money either.

Given that he was encouraging me to spend less money (I went in there specifically asking for the frog) I tended to trust his opinion. Anyone think he's off base?