What Year Is This Spa? Grandee Gq281272

Mariann

What year is this spa? Grandee GQ281272

My husband just bought me this spa at an auction. I know it is missing some parts.

I would like to know what year it is so that I can find the right parts for it.

It has 2 Wavemaster 7000 jet pumps. I don't see a heater and I don't see a flow pump.

It would help me to see pictures or diagrams of the inside of this model so I can see what is really missing. Unforutnately, My husband and I do not know much about spas and when he purchased it at the auction, They said it was complete and in working condition.

But, When we went to pick it up, There were peices missing because the auction is not watched properly.

No biggy, I guess, since we paid about $250 for it.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

I know on the HotSprings website they have manuals. But they only go back to 1999. I don't know if this model is older than that or not.

Thanks a bunch.

Am I right to assume that since the GQ's were built between 1997 and 2002 that the manual for the 1999 may be of some help? I am seeing in the diagram of the inner componants, that it looks pretty much the same. But, As I said before. From looking at the 1999 diagram, We are missing the heater and the circulation pump.

Thanks a bunch for any help.

Am I right to assume that since the GQ's were built between 1997 and 2002 that the manual for the 1999 may be of some help? I am seeing in the diagram of the inner componants, that it looks pretty much the same. But, As I said before. From looking at the 1999 diagram, We are missing the heater and the circulation pump.

Thanks a bunch for any help.

That manual will do just fine...

Thanks Dan. I appreciate that.

Been doing a lot of research today. I know I need the No-Fault 6000 Heater and the Silent Flo 5000 or the new equivalent E-5. Hubby says, If he can get the thing to work we may as well put the money into the parts. Just not sure what else might be wrong with it. I'm hoping that since the door to the component department has been loose that the electrical board is not shorted. And also wondering if the 2 Wave Master 7000 Jet Pumps work. Is there a way to test them without filling the tub?

Also, We have no patio in the back yard. Right now the spa is still sitting on the trailer we brought it home on. But, Hubby wants to go buy cement blocks to put it on. I feel those would be too large and tall. I feel that thinner cement slabs would be better. When we had our above ground pool installed. The installers brought 2 cement slabs that measured about 1 square foot each and they are 2 inches thick. They them down to set the filter on a level / stable surface. I think he should just put an nice foundation of those down on the ground instead of the cement blocks. What do you think of that?

Hubby wants to go buy cement blocks to put it on.What do you think of that?

No. Do not put that spa on anything less than a slab or a well-built deck. It is a 500 gallon tub, and needs the support.

B)

I know I need the No-Fault 6000 Heater and the Silent Flo 5000 or the new equivalent E-5. Hubby says, If he can get the thing to work we may as well put the money into the parts. Just not sure what else might be wrong with it. I'm hoping that since the door to the component department has been loose that the electrical board is not shorted. And also wondering if the 2 Wave Master 7000 Jet Pumps work. Is there a way to test them without filling the tub?

If you do it right you could put it on that type cement block... (dig out the area, put down crushed stone, stone dust on top, blocks then set in the stonedust and tamped).

That process is probably more work than pouring a slab though or building a small well built deck, which as Chas said, is your best option anyway. With a new heater and circ pump your 98 Grandee will be a great tub for what you paid and will put into it.

There are not usually too many problems with the wavemaster jet pumps due to the fact that they don't run too often. You can visibly look at the area where the motor attaches to the pump. Look to see if the metal shaft and the plastic end of the impeller look clean...sometimes if the pump is in rough shape you'll see a ton of corrosion and the impeller can be split if the seal assembly has been leaking. If you get the tub hooked up electrically you could turn power on briefly and hit both jets on for 2-3 seconds to see if they work, then kill the breakers off.

I know I need the No-Fault 6000 Heater and the Silent Flo 5000 or the new equivalent E-5. Hubby says, If he can get the thing to work we may as well put the money into the parts. Just not sure what else might be wrong with it. I'm hoping that since the door to the component department has been loose that the electrical board is not shorted. And also wondering if the 2 Wave Master 7000 Jet Pumps work. Is there a way to test them without filling the tub?

If you do it right you could put it on that type cement block... (dig out the area, put down crushed stone, stone dust on top, blocks then set in the stonedust and tamped).

That process is probably more work than pouring a slab though or building a small well built deck, which as Chas said, is your best option anyway. With a new heater and circ pump your 98 Grandee will be a great tub for what you paid and will put into it.

There are not usually too many problems with the wavemaster jet pumps due to the fact that they don't run too often. You can visibly look at the area where the motor attaches to the pump. Look to see if the metal shaft and the plastic end of the impeller look clean...sometimes if the pump is in rough shape you'll see a ton of corrosion and the impeller can be split if the seal assembly has been leaking. If you get the tub hooked up electrically you could turn power on briefly and hit both jets on for 2-3 seconds to see if they work, then kill the breakers off.