Ro Water

popeye1

Hi, I am hoping to get some information regarding the use of RO water in a hot tub. I recently purchased a used spa. We have well water that is very hard/corrosive. I had my water tested. PH 7.2 TA 250 Calcium hardness 700. They instructed me to use Stain and scale on startup. It raised my PH to over 8.4 and had to use PH down. I have found that I am very sensitive to one or both of these chemicals. I get an extremely itchy rash within a sort peiod of time after using the spa. No one else has had any reaction. 5 other users. I am using chlorine, and I know that I am not allergic to it, cause I have used my sister's spa with no reaction, however, they have great water and do not have to adjust using these other chemicals. I am considering having RO water hauled in. What are the pros and cons of doing this?

Hi, I am hoping to get some information regarding the use of RO water in a hot tub. I recently purchased a used spa. We have well water that is very hard/corrosive. I had my water tested. PH 7.2 TA 250 Calcium hardness 700. They instructed me to use Stain and scale on startup. It raised my PH to over 8.4 and had to use PH down. I have found that I am very sensitive to one or both of these chemicals. I get an extremely itchy rash within a sort peiod of time after using the spa. No one else has had any reaction. 5 other users. I am using chlorine, and I know that I am not allergic to it, cause I have used my sister's spa with no reaction, however, they have great water and do not have to adjust using these other chemicals. I am considering having RO water hauled in. What are the pros and cons of doing this?

As a chemical free option consider using a carbon block pre filter that filters down to 0.5 microns. This filter is about $35. Here is a link

http://www.hottubessentials.com/micron-fill-filter.asp

Fill up a bucket with the filtered water and see if there is an improvement. The filter only adds about 15 to 30 minutes to a hot tub fill

If you haul the water in make sure that you fill through the filters of you spa if this is required to prevent air locks. You can also get a sample of the haul water if the micro filter option does not work. The chemistry Guru's can help you if you post the results of the haul water and the micro filter water

Good luck