D1 Amore Bay Or Sundance Optima - Which One Will Be Better For Our Kids ?

wildtom

Hi,

I´m in buying one of these 2 spas (also still considering the HS Grandee).

We are 5 persons (2 adults, 3 kids (6,7,10 years old).

What do you think will be the better "Family Spa" and which one will be better for our kids ? (height problems ?)

Anyone here who has experiances with the D1 or the Sundance and has kids in this age ?

Also i am overweight - how "big" is the seat in the Amore Bay ?

Any comments welcome !

Thanks,

Take care

Thomas

Hi,

What do you think will be the better "Family Spa" and which one will be better for our kids ? (height problems ?)

Anyone here who has experiances with the D1 or the Sundance and has kids in this age ?

Any comments welcome !

Thanks,

Take care

Thomas

If you are seriously considering these I would recommend what everyone else here says over and over...WET TEST!! We have a family of 6, all different heights and sizes...and until you sit in it with water you really can't tell how deep it is when filled, how big the seats are or how it feels. I am not familiar with all of these models but it is nice to have multilevel seats, we went without a lounger and also and also to have a good amount of foot room. Some hot tubs have big seats but small footwells which makes it feel very crowded with lots of people in it. Good Luck!

Hi,

Any comments welcome !

Thanks,

Take care

Thomas

A wet test would be your wisest approach. If for whatever reason you do not wet test, I would very much suggest you avoid lounges and stick to a spa with as much open seating as possible because the kids are going to be moving around constantly so the more open the better (I have 3 boys who were age 5,7,8 when we got our first so I know) plus you may not fit too well (or stay) in a lounge or in a spa with defined seating.

Both of those spas (and the grandee) are all very good spas. Assuming each dealer is top notch you'll do well with any of them and it therefore should come down to fit/feel.

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

Since i don´t have a chance on a wet test with the amore bay (no demo unit around here anywhere) i would need to know how wide is the seat in the amore bay (within the armrests). Does anybody has the amore bay and could do me the favor to measure me that ?

Thanks,

Take care

Thomas

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

Since i don´t have a chance on a wet test with the amore bay (no demo unit around here anywhere) i would need to know how wide is the seat in the amore bay (within the armrests). Does anybody has the amore bay and could do me the favor to measure me that ?

Thanks,

Take care

Thomas

Tom,

My husband, also named Tom, is a big guy-- 6' 2 1/2" tall and 235# 36" waist. I don't know how that compares to you. We wet tested an Amore Bay, and the lounger was perfect for him==I don't have measurements though--but the adjustable head rest is a bonus, except the neck jets on it left us getting splashed in the face, until we adjusted them all down. My husband is broad shouldered, as well, and long legged--so it was a good fit and he could stretch. The bench seat, though we weren't interested in, my Tom wanted another seat he could just get back therapy in if desired, and he didn't care for the bench. But, that doesn't mean it isn't right for you and your family.

There was a lot of room in the tub, large foot well, and with 3 kids, that is a plus. The bench seat has thigh jets, though, and could hit in the nether regions :huh::wacko::blink: but I would be willing to bet you could turn them down. The water feature on the back was neat, but it seemed to run over the back of the tub, which I am sure could be adjusted, as well. If my hubby liked the bench seat, it would definately be in the running, since it included the seats with the leg and foot therapy that I wanted as well.

Good luck, and it looks like there are some Amore owners on this forum that would be able to help you out.

BTW, the Lotus Bay we were hoping would work out for us didn't, even though we didn't wet test==the dry run didn't work for hubby since the seating configuration andcurvilinear design, left him bangin his knees. Gorgeous tub, though.

Let us know what happens!!

Chrisi :lol:B)

Hi Chrisi,

Thanks a lot for your fast response and the infos !

Well i´m not too tall (about 5' and 4" (when i calculated this correctly from centimeters). The problem is that i don´t know if the seat is wide enough for me to feel comfortable. I also saw that there is a seat for him and for her. What´s the difference ? When i would know how wide the seat is i could at least imagine if this would fit or not .... .

The other opinion would be the Hotspring Grandee (didn´t like the Sundance Optima in the dry test becouse it would be possible that my wife and i could sit near together).

Thanks,

Take care

Thomas

Hi Chrisi,

Thanks a lot for your fast response and the infos !

Well i´m not too tall (about 5' and 4" (when i calculated this correctly from centimeters). The problem is that i don´t know if the seat is wide enough for me to feel comfortable. I also saw that there is a seat for him and for her. What´s the difference ? When i would know how wide the seat is i could at least imagine if this would fit or not .... .

The other opinion would be the Hotspring Grandee (didn´t like the Sundance Optima in the dry test becouse it would be possible that my wife and i could sit near together).

Thanks,

Take care

Thomas

Tom,

I am 165.1 cm tall and about 73 kg (I converted to metrics for you) and the difference between the his and hers seating, is the His seat is much deeper than the Hers. I fit perfectly in the Hers. The nice thing about the bench seat is the fact iti is barrier free--and you and Wifey could sit together. I wish I could tell you how you'd fit in the His seat, but I didn't sit in it. It was deep for our 8 1/2 year old twins to sit in the massage seats, though.

I did look at the spec sheet on the website, but it doesn't include seat widths.

We did not look at HS Grandee--it didn't offer what I wanted, and the Sundance Optima was too short for tall hubby.---uncomfortable.

PS--If you have Cleearwater Spas in your area--there is a model that has a wide lounger, and a variety of seats that we were comfortable in, but I do float in the lounger. I will try to find it to provide you with a link.

Chrisi

The Monaco is the tub we wet tested. Large/wide lounger if you are looking for a lounger.

If someone is 5'4" and wide bodied I would specifically avoid a lounger unless a wet test worked out well but I'd be highly skeptical with the wet test. I'd definitely stick with an open seated spa and avoid lounges and even "bucket" seated type spas.

The Monaco is the tub we wet tested. Large/wide lounger if you are looking for a lounger.

If someone is 5'4" and wide bodied I would specifically avoid a lounger unless a wet test worked out well but I'd be highly skeptical with the wet test. I'd definitely stick with an open seated spa and avoid lounges and even "bucket" seated type spas.

True, and I myself am not a lounger person--the wide-lounger was a point made by our salesperson.

That would probably be the nicest thing for Wildtom and his family--with the Amore you get nice, open seating and a good therapy as well. Again, I haven't sat in a Grandee and don't intend to, it just doesn't interest us--and the Optima didn't fit my tall hubby well either.

Seems most spas have a bucket style seating. Some are deeper, and some are wider. We would love to see and Artesian, but couldn't find the dealer (it wasn't a well planned trip--time constraints)

Seems most spas have a bucket style seating. Some are deeper, and some are wider.

The "bucket" part is open to interpretation. Some seats literally have arm rests; these are true "bucket" seats. Some are half and half where they don't have arm rests but the seat may have very defined sides where it contours upward (all spas have some contouring to the seats but I mean to the point of really defining the width of the seat) and if you're wider you may not fit in that well. Dry testing often can help here where wet testing isn’t done.

Hi Chrisi,

Thanks a lot again !

Well my wife is 174cm and also about 72 kgs, altough i am the same size - i have about 118 kgs. That´s means that i need a wide seat ;). Well - maybe someone of the forum users can measure me the width of the seat ... .

I checked the link - but it seems (at least on the photos) that they have bucket seats what i don´t like.

The main thing why i am looking at the amore bay is the big barrier-free seating area where i could sit together with my wife and if i would sit in the lounger the kids would have enough place for playing around.

Thanks !

Take care

Thomas

Hi Chrisi,

Thanks a lot again !

Well my wife is 174cm and also about 72 kgs, altough i am the same size - i have about 118 kgs. That´s means that i need a wide seat ;). Well - maybe someone of the forum users can measure me the width of the seat ... .

I checked the link - but it seems (at least on the photos) that they have bucket seats what i don´t like.

The main thing why i am looking at the amore bay is the big barrier-free seating area where i could sit together with my wife and if i would sit in the lounger the kids would have enough place for playing around.

Thanks !

Take care

Thomas

• 5 months later...

I have an AMore Bay, the seats are all different depths.

I am 6'2" , and about 225lbs, and love the deep seat (the one without the massage controller). I sit about upto my adams apple deep.

The other seat is fine too.. but typically used by my girlfriend.

I decided on it due to the lifetime warranty (non-prorated) on the UltraLife shell color.. and because of the bench seat (commonly called the "play ground").

I have had relatives with MANY kids in the tub, and the bench is perfect to pile a bunch of "smaller people" into it.

ONe thing I do like it to lie out with my head on the waterfall.. and feet/legs stretched straight out.. ie: floating on my back. Its a large tub, and very open in design.

I just love it.

(all the kids say "Oh.. you bought a swimming pool..")