Is Flushing A Must When Changing Water?

jimbos

Is flushing a must when changing water? When we purchased our first set of chemicals, we were told we needed to add a flushing chemical each and every time we drain/refill the tub.

The only problem is we have only found a flushing chemical from one manufacturer. Is it really necessary each time or what is the general feeling here?

Thanks in advance for your input!

:D

Is flushing a must when changing water? When we purchased our first set of chemicals, we were told we needed to add a flushing chemical each and every time we drain/refill the tub.

The only problem is we have only found a flushing chemical from one manufacturer. Is it really necessary each time or what is the general feeling here?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Jimbos:

In 7 years of owning a hot tub I never used chemicals to clean the tub. Just warm water and a brush when it was empty, then a couple of rinses with the garden hose. I would also disconnect the pumps and let the dirty water that would not drain through the floor drain escape that way. No one ever picked up a rash using my tub either so I guess the routine worked OK.

I think they just want to sell you more consumables.

Greg.

Is flushing a must when changing water?

In close to 25 years of ownership, and over 21 years selling these things, I have only flushed once - and that was the time I was given a sample kit of EcoOne to try out. The flush was part of the normal start up for that system.

Starter%20Kit.jpg

Also - I have begun to sell a flush product for my long-term Baqua users. It seems to be a must due to the gunk that Baqua tends to build up everywhere in a system.

Other than that - no.

B)

• 6 months later...
Is flushing a must when changing water?

In close to 25 years of ownership, and over 21 years selling these things, I have only flushed once - and that was the time I was given a sample kit of EcoOne to try out. The flush was part of the normal start up for that system.

Starter%20Kit.jpg

Also - I have begun to sell a flush product for my long-term Baqua users. It seems to be a must due to the gunk that Baqua tends to build up everywhere in a system.

Other than that - no.

B)

bump - anyone else want to chime in on this???