Selling 2005 Caldera-geneva- What Is Good Price?

Hello-

I have a 2005 Caldera Hottub- the Geneva model. We bought it new from the dealer for $8000.00. It has been drained for a year and we only used it for 2 years- primarily only on the weekends. We have had some interest from some co-workers, and since we really dont have time to use it I need help with figuring out a reasonable asking price.

Its a redwood skirt with the pearl white shell. No damaged parts.

Any suggestions would be a huge help.

Thanks!

Amy

Amy, I've followed pricing on used tubs for the last 6 months or so. From what I'm seeing/reading, it would probably be worth $4000-$5000 now, although most buyers (if they don't know you real well) would want to see it full and operational to pay in that price range.

Thank you so much for the imput-I really appreciate it. I would not have a problem filling it for a potential buyer. This co-worker who was interested I think was looking at 3000.00, so that seems a little low.

Amy, I've followed pricing on used tubs for the last 6 months or so. From what I'm seeing/reading, it would probably be worth $4000-$5000 now, although most buyers (if they don't know you real well) would want to see it full and operational to pay in that price range.

Once it leaves the showroom it looses value like anything else, there will be no warranty (no it does not transfer) and it's heading toward 3 years old. I'm sure people list it for that but I don't see you being able to get that, more like $3300 to $3800 IMHO.

Once it leaves the showroom it looses value like anything else, there will be no warranty (no it does not transfer) and it's heading toward 3 years old. I'm sure people list it for that but I don't see you being able to get that, more like $3300 to $3800 IMHO.

I would start at about 5500 if I had that unit and would hope to fetch no less than about 4000. Of course I would offer delivery and set up at that price.

Local delivery and set up of course......3.95 a gallon for deisel!!!!

I would start at about 5500 if I had that unit and would hope to fetch no less than about 4000. Of course I would offer delivery and set up at that price.

Sure, as a industry person you'll probably give it a 30 day warranty and deliver it so I can see you getting more but the average spa owner selling it will get less.

Sure, as a industry person you'll probably give it a 30 day warranty and deliver it so I can see you getting more but the average spa owner selling it will get less.

I'd like to clarify ST....very part time. I don't consider myself an industry person. But I have bought and sold a bunch just for the thrill of trying not to loose money. I would take it from them for no more than about 2500-3000 and I wouldn't even have to see it run and I would disconnect it and haul it away myself no questions asked. And I'd bust up the slab and haul it away for 30 bucks an hour.

I'd like to clarify ST....very part time. I don't consider myself an industry person. But I have bought and sold a bunch just for the thrill of trying not to loose money. I would take it from them for no more than about 2500-3000 and I wouldn't even have to see it run and I would disconnect it and haul it away myself no questions asked. And I'd bust up the slab and haul it away for 30 bucks an hour.

Sorry, didn't mean to slander you! :D

OK then, you'd want to buy it for 2500 to 3000 and I assume you would fill/test it and then look to resell it for $4000 to 5000 delivered (and maybe give some type of 30 day warranty?). I think somewhere in between is where the average owner could be expected to sell it to another party.

Sorry, didn't mean to slander you! :D

OK then, you'd want to buy it for 2500 to 3000 and I assume you would fill/test it and then look to resell it for $4000 to 5000 delivered (and maybe give some type of 30 day warranty?). I think somewhere in between is where the average owner could be expected to sell it to another party.

Yep, thats about it.

To the original poster ya gota figure it looses a grand of value as soon as it is in your yard and you use it the first time (year) By year 2 or so no matter how much you used it another grand and by year 3, half of what you paid. It will hold there a while as long as it is a good quality unit and you maintain it. After 5-6 it will loose even more. And at 10-15 years a good quality tub isn't worth much, even if it is running it is still only worth a grand or so. Not to say there ain't guys getting divorced that won't sell a 4000 dollar tub for 2 grand....:(