Refurbishing Spa

ckone0814

As I stated in a previous thread, I'm having my spa refurbished by a local spa shop.

I will need a new cover and would also like to add a cover lifter/shelf. I've seen people recommend RHTubs so I looked there at covers and the Cover Shelf. Cover Shelf seems good for me for the $ - I have plenty of room to slide (half) the cover off.

Anything I need to know about the Cover Shelf unit?

Is RHTubs the way to go? Their std cover seems good and reasonably priced. The local person I'm using wants $435.

For sanitizing I've always used Nature2 but I'm not sure if I was doing it exactly as required.

Can someone point me to specific instructions on it's use? Or is there a better option?

Thanks in advance!

As I stated in a previous thread, I'm having my spa refurbished by a local spa shop.

I will need a new cover and would also like to add a cover lifter/shelf. I've seen people recommend RHTubs so I looked there at covers and the Cover Shelf. Cover Shelf seems good for me for the $ - I have plenty of room to slide (half) the cover off.

Anything I need to know about the Cover Shelf unit?

Is RHTubs the way to go? Their std cover seems good and reasonably priced. The local person I'm using wants $435.

For sanitizing I've always used Nature2 but I'm not sure if I was doing it exactly as required.

Can someone point me to specific instructions on it's use? Or is there a better option?

Thanks in advance!

If you go to the water chemistry section and check out the threads there, there is a lot of info on Nature 2. Check cover play also, it is a high quality cover with a lifter built in.

Just to preface my comments, I run an online store.

However, if a local spa shop is already refurbing the tub for you, can't they get those other things for you too? I know it probably sounds weird for me to say, but if you only give the local places the stuff you can't do online, how long do you think they're gonna last? Don't you want a local source for the next time you need them? If you weren't already using a local dealer for some work, I probably wouldn't have said anything. Frankly, Dr. Spa is a good friend of mine so I hate to be jeopardizing some potential business for him, but did the local place tell you that they couldn't help you on the cover, removal system, chemicals and ozonator? Maybe they would cut you a better deal for the whole package.

Just wondering.