How Can I Pick The Right Hot Tub?

bthompz

Hello,

I"m trying to buy my first hot tub and finding there are so many options it is hard to decide or to even base one versus another. We are looking to spend around 5-6k. Can anyone recommend a good brand? It seems like alot of the tubs might all be made at the same place with just different branding. So far we have looked at Coast Spas in Langley BC and at Jacuzzi tubs.

Any help would be great thx.

Brad

Well, they're not all made in the same place, although there are many brother/sister or parent/subsidiary brands out there. I just finally made my choice, after 5 or 6 months of shopping. Here are some great brands to check (and that doesn't mean that the other tubs are junk, but these are the ones I always hear people happy with):

Hot Spring, their subsidiary Tiger River and their sister company Caldera;

Jacuzzi and their sister company (sort of), Sundance;

Marquis;

Dimension 1;

Artesian....there are a few others.

Go to their websites and they all have dealer locators. Find the dealer near you and go look at the tubs. But Brad, I've got to tell you what everyone told me -- and they're 100% right -- go wet test. Get in the tubs when they're filled. No matter how they look to you, or no matter what the salesman tells you, how it feels when you're in it with hot water really should be the deciding factor. They all feel a little different, and nobody can tell you which will feel best for your body size and shape.

All in all, the search is fun. Enjoy!