Honey Tubs?

ckone0814

I am in the market to replace an older Hawkeye brand tub. I posted previously regarding HS Sovereighn but now am wondering about "off" brands. Just a few miles away is the manufacturer, Honey Tubs. I have used them for service once or twice without issue and they seem to have a nice, established business and location. I haven't shopped there for a tub, I've been focusing on high end brands but now I'm wondering...what's really wrong with these brands? Are the HS, Caldera, etc really worth the extra money for me? The Hawkeye lasted 9 years and probably could've been more had I paid closer attention to it.

I live in SE PA and the tub will be under cover. Over winters my gazebo has plastic windows that are closed. I don't need a beast.

Just a few miles away is the manufacturer, Honey Tubs.

Those are some very basic old school hot tubs. You can go that route if you want but you really can't compare them to some of the premium spa makers with far more features and better jetting. You only got 9 years out of your last spa (it should have only been in mid life at that point) and I'd also want to get something that lasted longer this time but that's up to you.

Just a few miles away is the manufacturer, Honey Tubs.

Those are some very basic old school hot tubs. You can go that route if you want but you really can't compare them to some of the premium spa makers with far more features and better jetting. You only got 9 years out of your last spa (it should have only been in mid life at that point) and I'd also want to get something that lasted longer this time but that's up to you.

Spa tech is right about the old school....but if you are satisfied with the jets and location of them, and with the options they offer it is worth trying them out. Having the company that makes the tub right next door is of great value if you have future issues....we have talked with them, they are pleasent and it is a family run buisness, but I would wet test the tub to see if you like them. They use the same company to supply their pumps and control systems etc as many of the other tub companies. Good luck!

Spa tech is right about the old school....but if you are satisfied with the jets and location of them, and with the options they offer it is worth trying them out. Having the company that makes the tub right next door is of great value if you have future issues....we have talked with them, they are pleasent and it is a family run buisness, but I would wet test the tub to see if you like them. They use the same company to supply their pumps and control systems etc as many of the other tub companies. Good luck!

Thanks HHT. As I said, I've dealt with Honey a few times and they were great. Their facility is nice, professional, and they seem to have stability.

I guess I just wonder...what's the difference, buy a $9k tub every 20 years or a $4k tub every 10 years?

Thanks HHT. As I said, I've dealt with Honey a few times and they were great. Their facility is nice, professional, and they seem to have stability.

I guess I just wonder...what's the difference, buy a $9k tub every 20 years or a $4k tub every 10 years?

A lot of the tubs you get now for 4k will not last 10 years depending on the tub manufacture and how they are made. Just look into the quality of the parts they are using, their reputation for backing their warrenty, local service techs etc. This is where the box store tubs become an issue. Many chinnese parts, put together quickly with little quality control and no back up to their service. Thats why I said since this company is local to you it is a great asset, also being family owned and run, usually there is more pride put into their product. The other part of that 9k is the "bells and whistles" type things and longer warrenties in some cases. All depends on what you are looking for in a tub.

FWIW this company's Tech took a look at my tub and told me I'd be a fool to get a new one. Said the shell and cabinet are good quality and are in excellent shape. They can rebuild the guts; pumps, heater, ozonator, controls, check pipes, jets and everything else, with 2 yr warranty, for $1800. That's the way I'm gonna go. Spoke with a co-worker who had them do it to his older tub and he's very pleased.