Finally Bought A Hot Tub! (sundance Chelsee)

DirkPitt

We finally decided on a Sundance tub and take delivery Thursday.

We had an old tub and it has since been hauled away. What is left is a plastic tube with 4 wires hanging out.

Can someone suggest how best I should wire up the new tub? I have Sundances "pre-delivery guide" that I believe shows me how to hook up the 4 wires to the control box. Unlike my old tub, the wires won't be underneath the spa, but will go through on the side of the spa.

Specifically, I'm also wondering how to plug the hole in the cement around the wires so that it is sealed (there's some water in there already from the rain), and what type of rubber tubing to use to put the wires through as it will be exposed a little before it gets through the hole on the side of the tub.

Do you think I'll need an electrician or, since I'm semi handy, will it be easy enough to accomplish this on my own? I'm a little concerned about the water inside the tubing from the rain so I'll have to figure out a way to get that out.

Here are a couple photos to help you see what I'm workin with:

tub1.jpg

and

tub2.jpg

thanks in advance for any suggestions! I can't wait to enjoy this tub, and hopefully, by the weekend!

I really recommend you hire a electrician to finish your install.

You should have a ground, neutral and two hots in there if it is a 120/240 volt setup. You'll have to read the manual and see where to connect them. I also think those wires are going to come up short going into your tub. You will probably need to pull in longer conductors from the disconnect I think I see on the wall. I would pull new conductors, use a longer section of liquitite from the connection on the floor, much like what is there and run it inside the tub to the controller. You can get 90 degree or straight fittings that will be used to connect to the controller. I would also strap the liquitite inside the encloser to prevent any damage to the contoler if the tub is shifted around at a later time.

You also need to GFI protect your tub if it doesn't have a built in GFI. There might be a GFI in the disconnect.

You also need to check your circuit size and make sure it has capacity for the new tub.