What Controls/spa Pack?

Hi!

I am working with an older calspas spa, I'm not sure what model it is at the moment, as it is about an hour from me. I am doing repairs for a homeowner, but I don't normally work on above ground spas. The spa hasn't been in use for a couple years, and has some problems. I just replaced the pump, as it was seized up, and that is working great now. However, the freeze protection doesn't work and is always on. The timeclock does not kick on anything by the timer at all, and the heater does not heat. I am planning on replacing the electronics on this - preferably with a spa pack and replacement controls.

Spa has one two speed pump, one blower, and one light. They live in colder conditions so it does need freeze protection. Any recommendations?

Sounds Like a Cal VIP Special. You can either go with a Balboa VS501 or a Gecko S class spa pack .

You have to remember though that the control panel on older Cals is huge since the air buttons, temp dial and air controls are in once area. If you cant make it look good you may want to consider replacing with a newer mechanical pack.

Sounds Like a Cal VIP Special. You can either go with a Balboa VS501 or a Gecko S class spa pack .

You have to remember though that the control panel on older Cals is huge since the air buttons, temp dial and air controls are in once area. If you cant make it look good you may want to consider replacing with a newer mechanical pack.

We have had great luck with the balboa systems, not so great with geckos. You can get a plate that fills the hole for bigger topsides, Pathfinder is right, they do not look great. If you are real crafty and have a piece of acrylic you can make one. We have done this and it does not look bad at all.

Is there anywhere I can get an identical mechanical replacement? OE style? Or am I dreaming on this?

Also, Where can I get the plate that Hillbilly mentioned?

Old Cal Spas used the Brett Aqualine I beleive. You may be able to get these, but why would you? The metal plate comes with the VS501 kits. Spare acrylic we have got from the spa manufactures.