Balboa Ml700 Please Help!

SIMON

Hello all,

Firstly just like to say that this is my first posting on the forum, so please forgive me if i have made any posting errors.

My problem is as follows:-

I own a spa made by a company called Alps [url="http://alps-spas.com MODEL CIARA XLS

I purchased the above two years ago and it is sited outdoors in a summer house and has had only occasional use.

Just recently i decided to get the spa up and running again after it being out of use for several months, once filled the spa went into its normal priming mode and began heating with pump 1 running at slow speed, it was during this point that i set the time for the filter cycles using the control pad keys, however when i tried to use the same two keys to set the required temperature nothing happened, also when i tried to turn pumps 1&2 on using the keypad buttons again nothing happened.

I then tried to turn the lights on in the spa using the control pad buttons and yes you guessed it nothing. So to sum up the spa heats as normal to its factory set 37.5 degrees and the filter times can be set using the buttons which should also alter the temperature up or down, the spa pump 1 comes on as normal during the set filter cycles, but other than that the buttons refuse to run either of the pumps or lights.

Although the spa is supposedly still under warranty, the company which i purchased from here in the uk have since vanished, and I am now left with the problem of trying to sort it, also there are no spa dealers in my area, the only one being 2 hrs away and they have quoted £200 before they even look at it.

The problem i now have is whether to fork out £200+ for a new touchpad in the hope it may cure it, or whether it may be something different like the contol circuit board located under the spa (Balboa GL 2000) I have checked all the obvious things like the fuses on the circuit board loose wires etc.

If anyone out there can help me on this matter, I would be most grateful.

Cheers Simon

Hello all,

Firstly just like to say that this is my first posting on the forum, so please forgive me if i have made any posting errors.

I own a spa made by a company called Alps [url="http://alps-spas.com MODEL CIARA XLS

I purchased the above two years ago and it is sited outdoors in a summer house and has had only occasional use.

Just recently i decided to get the spa up and running again after it being out of use for several months, once filled the spa went into its normal priming mode and began heating with pump 1 running at slow speed, it was during this point that i set the time for the filter cycles using the control pad keys, however when i tried to use the same two keys to set the required temperature nothing happened, also when i tried to turn pumps 1&2 on using the keypad buttons again nothing happened.

I then tried to turn the lights on in the spa using the control pad buttons and yes you guessed it nothing. So to sum up the spa heats as normal to its factory set 37.5 degrees and the filter times can be set using the buttons which should also alter the temperature up or down, the spa pump 1 comes on as normal during the set filter cycles, but other than that the buttons refuse to run either of the pumps or lights.

Although the spa is supposedly still under warranty, the company which i purchased from here in the uk have since vanished, and I am now left with the problem of trying to sort it, also there are no spa dealers in my area, the only one being 2 hrs away and they have quoted £200 before they even look at it.

The problem i now have is whether to fork out £200+ for a new touchpad in the hope it may cure it, or whether it may be something different like the contol circuit board located under the spa (Balboa GL 2000) I have checked all the obvious things like the fuses on the circuit board loose wires etc.

Cheers Simon

Have you looked under the bonnet Simon? Are the wires still attatched? Did mice or something chew your wires? Take the equipment cover off and poke around in there. Shut off the power supply to the tub if your not comfortable doing this hot.

Hello all,

Cheers Simon

Have you looked under the bonnet Simon? Are the wires still attatched? Did mice or something chew your wires? Take the equipment cover off and poke around in there. Shut off the power supply to the tub if your not comfortable doing this hot.

Hello all,

Cheers Simon

Yes i have checked all the wires fuses etc, and everything seems intact

Contacted GG Balboa regards to my control panel, they said it was highly unlikely that my touchpad was at fault, and that it was more likely the relays on the pcb which had failed, now i'm all for good advice, but to have both relays fail together does seem a tad unlikely.

Anyway, since discovered through poking about in the control box, that if i cut the power to the tub, and then disconnect the control pad from the pcb and leave for a few minutes and reconnect, then my control buttons become operational again, however i can only get these buttons to work whilst the tub is in pr mode, once pump 1 kicks in and the water begins heating then both pump 1 & 2 buttons and the light button refuse to work.

Any ideas anyone! faulty pcb or control pad maybe but which one?