Micromatic Pool Filters

MDIRADS

We've had our pool for 2 seasons, this the start of the third. The pool lis 25,000 gallons, and my issue is with cloudy water. The filter is a micromatic media filter, by mybluepool.com, with a 2 hp pump. I can't find much support for this filter at my local pool shops, and the company who installed it is approximately 45-60 minutes away--no too convenient.

How long can the filter material last before it needs to be changed? Can it be cleaned instead? I can't imagine that the filtration material needs cleaning/changing this soon--only 2 years. I am asking the forum as I've lost confidence in the company that sold me the filter.

There is a brown-yellow film of fine debris on the pool floor. I've had the water tested numerous times recently, and the chemistry comes back ok. It seems that as I run the vaccuum, the water is returned to the pool cloudy. I have a spill-over spa, and I can set the return to it, and I can watch the water turn cloudy as I am running the vaccuum.

Any help is greatly appreciated here!

Thanks

Rob

We've had our pool for 2 seasons, this the start of the third. The pool lis 25,000 gallons, and my issue is with cloudy water. The filter is a micromatic media filter, by mybluepool.com, with a 2 hp pump. I can't find much support for this filter at my local pool shops, and the company who installed it is approximately 45-60 minutes away--no too convenient.

How long can the filter material last before it needs to be changed? Can it be cleaned instead? I can't imagine that the filtration material needs cleaning/changing this soon--only 2 years. I am asking the forum as I've lost confidence in the company that sold me the filter.

There is a brown-yellow film of fine debris on the pool floor. I've had the water tested numerous times recently, and the chemistry comes back ok. It seems that as I run the vaccuum, the water is returned to the pool cloudy. I have a spill-over spa, and I can set the return to it, and I can watch the water turn cloudy as I am running the vaccuum.

Thanks

Rob

I just took a look at that website and must admit that is new tech to me. You have a gunite? I know it's treating the symptoms and not the disease, but you might try some water clarifier. It will clump the minerals in your pool so that they become captured by the filter. As for the brown-yellow film, that should be able to be swept up into suspention and also filtered out. Could it be mustard algae?

The filter is a standard sand filter and the filter medium you have is just zeolite. It it being pushed as a "new miracle" filter medium but is only slightly more efficient than sand. It's main advantage is the ability to scavange ammonia compounds from the water. It needs to be regenerated yearly with a brine solution to keep the ammonia scavagine property. And just like sand it does need cleaning on a regular (usually yearly ) basis. If you could post a complete set of test results it would help to figure out what is going on in your pool.

Try a pentaire clean and clear filter, it the best. You can get parts, advise and it works.

Clean your filter mor eoften and soak the elements in acid after you wash them.

Thanks

Rob

Try a pentaire clean and clear filter, it the best. You can get parts, advise and it works.

Clean your filter mor eoften and soak the elements in acid after you wash them.

It's my guess that he is trying to get the filter he has now to work properly. A clean and clear is a GREAT filter in my opinion, and can be fitted with a DE filter grid as well (as shown to me by their sales rep) but will cost you some serious cheese.

Get the data off the filter ( manufacturer, size etc.) I will be glad to help you. I have little else to do since I just had knee replacement sergery. You clearly have a filtration issue. IIt is important that you maintain circulation, and chemical balance while you are sorting out this issue. You may use my e-mail addy if you choose. lewakins@vvm.com (V V M not W M) My web address is lewakins.com. This forum has a lot of misinformation on it. Primarily agenda driven

Lew

Thanks

Rob