Filter Fabric Failure

aquaman

The filter fabric in my pool filter (DE filter) has bee severely damaged by the bristles from my pool brush. I noticed bristles becoming logged in the fabric last summer so I got a new brush assuming the problem was related to age and/or UV exposure. The new brush is also shedding bristles and now the filter fabric has been damaged and must be replaced. Both brushes are standard pool brushes and have nylon bristles. Any suggestions? Are other types of brushes available?

The filter fabric in my pool filter (DE filter) has bee severely damaged by the bristles from my pool brush. I noticed bristles becoming logged in the fabric last summer so I got a new brush assuming the problem was related to age and/or UV exposure. The new brush is also shedding bristles and now the filter fabric has been damaged and must be replaced. Both brushes are standard pool brushes and have nylon bristles. Any suggestions? Are other types of brushes available?

Replace the grids as needed. Don't use a brush, just a garden hose with a spray nozzle to clean the grids.

You should just use a regular garden hose nozzle to clean the grids. If you are talking about them coming loose from the brush while brushing the pool and then getting in the filter then there are better brushes out there. I would go to a pool store and ask for the one that they send out with their pool cleaners to use. The ones we use last about a year or so each (from my experience) and they are used many times a day and rarely lose bristles, the back of them will break before that. They are usually blue bristles and not white, probably just higher quality idk