Keys Sells To Inifinity... Infinity Sells To ?

Coastside Spas

I just heard from on of my resources that Infinity is rumored to have sold out to a marketing firm... no details yet, but be interested to see where this goes...

I have been servicing Keys backyard for over a year and will tell anyone who asks their stuff is the lowest quality and poorest design of any brand I have ever serviced. Here's a summary of problems I see regularly...

1. No insulation on shell and only thin (less than 1/4") blanket on plastic skirting with lots of air gaps.

2. Very noisy throughout, rattles, vibrations, loud humming from cabinet.

3. Plumbing issues including excessive filter flow, causing elements to collapse.

4. leaks from improper jet mounting.

5. Poorly designed jets fall apart or pop out.

6. Collapsed plumbing lines from inferior materials.

7. Inferior stereo systems that break after only months of normal use from improper wiring, exposure to water without proper closures. Stereo topside remotes that fail from cracking membranes, Popup speakers that mechanically fail after only months of use.

8. Plumbing failure in the form of split fittings, blown out flex lines from bad glue joints

9. ozone systems that don't work from either improperly plumbing air lines which back flow into the unit, or lines that are pinched off by other plumbing.

10. Jets that do not work because the water or air lines are crushed between other plumbing or the jet internal is glued shut from sloppy manufacturing.

The list goes on and on...

To all you prospective shoppers out there, who are looking for a tub... Kudos to you for heading to these forums. You will find useful information that may prevent you from making the same mistake that some many have made buying cheap tubs from mass marketers. You DO NOT get what you pay for. Also be aware that review sites like spasearch.org and poolandspa.com DO NOT provide you a valid or even ethical evaluation of any brands. If you do the research, you will find that these sites DO NOT independently review ANY manufacturer. They simply list the manufacturers with each manufacturer's "review" and a star rating based on the amount of money that manufacturer paid for their yearly listing. DO NOT trust any review site's statements regarding bias or not being influenced by a manufacturer. This is simply smoke and mirrors. I have spoken to several manufacturers about their "star" rating and they ALL have stated that they PAY for the rating to receive top listing. These review sites are not an authority on quality, they are simply a marketing arm of the spa industry. Sites like spasearch.org make statements that they are not influenced by or invested in by ANY spa manufacturer, and that thay DO NOT charge any manufacturer to be listed in their magazine or their website. THIS IS NOT TRUE and this can be verified by speaking with the manufacturers who PAY to get their listing. The site is infact owned by the owner of Dimension One Spas. This has been confirmed by several sources. So you decide whether there is any influence or not.

The only NON-BIASED review organization, Consumer Reports, has never done a review on ANY spa manufacturer and will not do so until a manufacturer meets a minimum o 1 million units a year. Not one manufacturer has come close! This limitation by Consumer Reports is based on the cost involved to evaluate any product. Funding for this is limited by government subsidies and other funds. So if you want them to do an evaluation, then get out and help the industry, Heck, buy those cheap tubs from Costco and Home Depot, but focus on one brand, so the volume of sales exceeds 1 million units for that brand only and then maybe we can get CR to review the industry as a whole!

when any large company tells you your request is "under consideration" I wouldn't hold your breath.

I've had a Keys spa for 2 and a half years. I am very happy with it. My only problem with it so far is very poor insulation and the high electrical costs. It is still running great and I've only had one problem so far and the company fixed it at no cost to me, sent a tech with replacement pump in about a week. I would agree with Costside about much of what was said. The insulation is very poor, my radio did short out in a few months (this wasn't a big deal to me as I have outside speakers connected to my indoor stereo). I would also add that the cover wasn't the best and I replaced it a few months back for one of Dr Spa's covers.

In my case I feel for $3,600 delivered I got what I paid for.

I have to agree with "filbotte", I own a Keys tub and have gotten very good use since puchasing it. I think it's a nice tub for someone who's never owned a tub and not sure if they would even like tubbing once puchased. They'll learn all the other things that go along with tubbing like water chemistry etc. It isn't a high end tub by any stretch of the imagination and any one that implies this would be misrepresenting the product. It is a good entry level hot tub that offers a reasonable amount of jets and moderate sitting arrangements. I also paid a total of $3600 with tax included and have been awarded the opportunity to soak daily as a result. :P It isn't well insulated but my cost are not high because I live in a warm climate. But if you live north of the Mason Dixon. You'd probably be better off to put another $2 - 3 grand and buy something else. :D

Boy two great posts from owners who understand what they paid for and are happy with their choice. I think whenever this topic comes up the argument is with those try to say they are exactly the same as more expensive tubs which they are not but as it has been said here many times they can be a good choice as long you have realistic expectations but do not be deceived by those who promote them as being exactly the same as other tubs they are not no more so than someone who wants to claim a KIA is the same as BMW but still can be a good option for the right buyer.

Boy two great posts from owners who understand what they paid for and are happy with their choice. I think whenever this topic comes up the argument is with those try to say they are exactly the same as more expensive tubs which they are not but as it has been said here many times they can be a good choice as long you have realistic expectations but do not be deceived by those who promote them as being exactly the same as other tubs they are not no more so than someone who wants to claim a KIA is the same as BMW but still can be a good option for the right buyer.

Wow, Can you say run on sentence, I knew you could!

Wow, Can you say run on sentence, I knew you could!

I deeply apologise was its meaning something that was tough to comprehend? I will try and have my posts proof read... :rolleyes: