How Long Does It Take?

psminn

Hi everyone,

I'm glad I found this forum. I ordered a Hotspring Envoy on December 14th, 2007 and we're still waiting for delivery. On order day, we were told it would take about 4 weeks. This Friday it will be 8 weeks. We are so anxious and I just wondered if this is normal for the factory to take this long. I've contacted our dealer several times and they just keep saying they'll call when they receive it.

Thanks for any input, maybe I'm just impatient!

P.

Hi everyone,

I'm glad I found this forum. I ordered a Hotspring Envoy on December 14th, 2007 and we're still waiting for delivery. On order day, we were told it would take about 4 weeks. This Friday it will be 8 weeks. We are so anxious and I just wondered if this is normal for the factory to take this long. I've contacted our dealer several times and they just keep saying they'll call when they receive it.

P.

It all depends on what the hold up is. Maybe 4 weeks is common for your dealer but you ordered just after their last shipment left the manufacturer and you were then in the next shipment. Also, the HS manufaturer closes down manufacturing for the latter half of December so it may have been that there was no more stock in the color combination you ordered and they had to wait for the start of January to actually make it....

In other words, there no way for us to know why its taking longer than you were quoted but its not an uncommon situation. You just need to light a fire with the dealer to find out why they are off on their quoted date and to find a more concrete date.

Thanks, I'm just impatient and anxious!

Its only normal to be anxious and when it comes in later than expected its always a bummer. Stay on top of them and let them know you need a solid date.

I know how you feel. My wife and I have 3 boys and all were born 7 to 10 days after their "due date", even the last one!

It's all about timing. You ordered your spa two days before the factory shut down for a couple of weeks. They do this every year, and it can be a pain. But they need to do it once a year, we all know it's coming, they do it a quickly as possible, and they also try to let us know which spas will 'sell out' or which ones will have the next model year shipped early etc. However, if you happen to order a spa righ at that time, you will have about three weeks added to your dealer's normal time.

And, that time can be very different from dealer to dealer. I go get spas every week. It costs a little more, but my customers can get a spa in less than seven days from the day they put their money down. But I have the luxury of living close to the factory and having a truck/trailer. Dealers farther away may have to wait for a few more orders to get a truckload shipped across country.

Where do you live?

B)

Hi everyone,

P.

Waiting for something so cool reminds you of being a kid and waiting for Christmas....which could never come soon enough.

Use the time to ensure your site is all ready for the tub. Or perhaps stock up on chemicals. You'll need 'em. :P

Hi everyone,

P.

Waiting for something so cool reminds you of being a kid and waiting for Christmas....which could never come soon enough.

Use the time to ensure your site is all ready for the tub. Or perhaps stock up on chemicals. You'll need 'em. :P

It is like waiting for Christmas! Especially since we ordered it before Christmas! Our son has rheumatoid arthritis and he's the one who is really looking forward to the tub.

Thanks for all your replies.

It's here! It was delivered this morning. Only took almost two months! After it was filled, I added the metal remover stuff and 1 tsp of chlorine and started the jets and heater. I only ran the jets for 10 mintues to swish around the chemicals. Then had to go to work. Hopefully, when I get home it will be steamy! I wonder how long it takes to warm up 500 gallons of freezing water. It's snowing like crazy, can't wait to get in!

It's here! It was delivered this morning. Only took almost two months! After it was filled, I added the metal remover stuff and 1 tsp of chlorine and started the jets and heater. I only ran the jets for 10 mintues to swish around the chemicals. Then had to go to work. Hopefully, when I get home it will be steamy! I wonder how long it takes to warm up 500 gallons of freezing water. It's snowing like crazy, can't wait to get in!

Great to hear. Let us know how it goes. It should heat up at about 6º/hour so you should be in good shape late in the day depending on the starting temp of your water.

OK, all you experts out there...talk to me like I'm a kindergartner. Is there supposed to be circulation going on while the heater is heating up the H2O? I came home from work and the water is just sitting there and it is slightly warmer. It's been heating for about 8 hours now. I thought I remembered the salesman saying that there was a circulation pump that worked all the time. Maybe I didn't hear him correctly. I know that it's going to take about 18 hours or more to get hot. Should I have any jets running?

Thanks!

OK, all you experts out there...talk to me like I'm a kindergartner. Is there supposed to be circulation going on while the heater is heating up the H2O? I came home from work and the water is just sitting there and it is slightly warmer. It's been heating for about 8 hours now. I thought I remembered the salesman saying that there was a circulation pump that worked all the time. Maybe I didn't hear him correctly. I know that it's going to take about 18 hours or more to get hot. Should I have any jets running?

Thanks!

What temp did it start at and what temp is it now 8 hours later?

The spa has a circ pump so there is no need for the main pumps to be on (and turning them on will have zero effect toward how long it takes to heat up). You won't hear the circ pump run but if the spa has ozone you should see bubbles coming out of the floor drain from the ozone and that should tell you the circ pump is on. In your main breaker there is a 20A and a 30A breaker, make sure both are in the ON position.

What temp did it start at and what temp is it now 8 hours later?

The spa has a circ pump so there is no need for the main pumps to be on (and turning them on will have zero effect toward how long it takes to heat up). You won't hear the circ pump run but if the spa has ozone you should see bubbles coming out of the floor drain from the ozone and that should tell you the circ pump is on. In your main breaker there is a 20A and a 30A breaker, make sure both are in the ON position.

It was so cold this morning, probably 40 degrees. I don't have a thermometer to check it. It is about luke warm right now. There are bubbles coming up from the floor and both breakers are on. So, I guess we'll just wait till tomorrow night. Thanks for your input.

It was so cold this morning, probably 40 degrees. It is about luke warm right now. There are bubbles coming up from the floor and both breakers are on. So, I guess we'll just wait till tomorrow night.

Everything sounds right. The little bubbles are the output of the ozone system, and they would not be there if the circ pump were not running correctly. You should not be able to hear that pump, it is silent. You should not be able to see much water movement in the tub.

Don't open the cover to check the temp, it adds an hour or more to the heat time each time you do so.

Simply turn the temperature down until the green 'Ready' light comes on, or the word "Ready" appears on the remote. That is your approximate temperature.

Enjoy your Envoy.

B)