Arctic Cub Vs Arctic Kodiak - Lounger Dimensions Etc

DirkPitt

Hi all,

Well I've wet tested both of these models. I'm kinda narrowing my selection down to find a lounger that fits our 5ft 2inch frames.

The Kodiak lounger is pretty much perfect! The other seats are ok to too low.

The Cub lounger is about 2 inches deeper, and I believe a bit longer. The captain seat is perfect, and the other seats are ok.

I'd really like the lounger to work, but from what I recall it just seemed longer than the Kodiak lounger. I can fix the depth by not filling it quite as full, but does anyone have the data to verify the length of the two? It just didn't feel right, but maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me. There's nothing like a perfect fitting lounger!

ok

thanks again.

Bill

Hi all,

Well I've wet tested both of these models. I'm kinda narrowing my selection down to find a lounger that fits our 5ft 2inch frames.

The Kodiak lounger is pretty much perfect! The other seats are ok to too low.

The Cub lounger is about 2 inches deeper, and I believe a bit longer. The captain seat is perfect, and the other seats are ok.

I'd really like the lounger to work, but from what I recall it just seemed longer than the Kodiak lounger. I can fix the depth by not filling it quite as full, but does anyone have the data to verify the length of the two? It just didn't feel right, but maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me. There's nothing like a perfect fitting lounger!

ok

thanks again.

Bill

Bill,

I have both of those spas in our showroom so I went and measured them for you. The lounger in the Kodiak is about 5-6 inches longer than the Cub. They both appear to have about the same depth in the lounger as each other. At your size, I would think you would like the Cub better, but it is about the same as the Kodiak, except the Kodiak is bigger. Good luck in whichever you choose and enjoy your Arctic Spa!!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the Kodiak lounger is longer. You will need to reach the foot jets to get any massage on your toes..... the Cub would work better for this.

The Kodiak corner massage chair leaves a lot to be desired and will leave you feeling like a little kid in a high chair who can't touch the ground.

Kind of a mess up in the design of the Therapy Chair on the Kodiak. I am over 6 feet and can barely touch the floor. Just feels awkward.

Also, the 'step' on the Kodiak will through grandma for a loop if she tries it. The bottom step is a 'doozy'.

The Cub will be a nice size for a vertically challenged couple.

If you expect more than 2 people in the spa, though, the Cub sucks. For 2 couples, you better be 'swinging' (Laugh)

Wet test....wet test....wet test........

The Kodiak corner massage chair leaves a lot to be desired and will leave you feeling like a little kid in a high chair who can't touch the ground.

Kind of a mess up in the design of the Therapy Chair on the Kodiak. I am over 6 feet and can barely touch the floor. Just feels awkward.

Just to get our facts straight I decided to take a couple pictures today of a guy that is a bit shy of 6 foot and is sitting in the therapy chair in a Kodiak Arctic Spa. Not trying to be nitpicky here but if we are stating facts I truly want those facts to be facts. These types of statements can influence possible future customers.

Notice the 6' person comfortably in the therapy chair, with feet comfortably positioned on the floor. Also notice the person measured out at slightly below 6'. ;)

Picture015.jpg

Picture013.jpg