Artesian Spas And Loudness

euphoriajet

I am considering a spa in the platinum elite line (pelican bay or dove canyon), but cannot test any in my area. I am concerned that, because this line has 5 pumps compared to the typical 2 or 3 pumps, that the pump-noise would be much louder. Can you comment on the loudness of the platinum-elite spas? Are they any louder than, say, a jacuzzi 470? I definitely do not want my spa to sound like a boat. I tested a catalina-spas xl26000, and found the humming and whine of the pumps to be too much, and want to make sure the Artesian is not equally as loud.

We have an Artesian Piper Glen and we don't find it to be louder than any other tub we wet tested. It was actually quieter than a couple of them. We also don't usually run all of the pumps at the same time unless we have company over. We usually run 3 pumps during our normal soaks.

All of the platium Elite Class of spas use a 6 amp switchless motor on the pumps with direct flow. They are also place under each seat area of the spa that is being used. The other brand of spas uses up to (3) 12 amp motor that makes a louder noise. There are no diverter valves that makes noise. I sell both Catalina and Artesian spas at my stores. The Artesian is far quieter.