Startup Chemicals

My Tub

Hi Iam a newbie and Iam getting my infinity sun peak spa this week. It has a 350 gallon water capacity. I have bought start up chemical package, but Iam not sure as to what to add and if in any special order to balance my water. Is there anyone or any site that will give me guidance. Thanks, My Hot Tub

Hi and congratulations on your new spa. This forum has a water chemistry section with great information and helpful people. Which chemical start up kit did you purchase? People can sanitize their spas with dichlor (chlorine), bromine, and other "alternate" sanitizers.

Thanks for the replys, I bought Rendezvous delux spa care kit. It contains Ph up , Ph down, 50 GLB test strips, brominating disinfect tablets, protect plus (protects against stain,scale and rust),activate (shock treatment without clorine to clear water eliminate odors),spa clarifier (clears cloudy water and improves filter efficency),foam out, natural clear(naturally clears cloudy water and eliminates scum buildup)and finally a bromine tablet float. WOW seems like a lot of chemicals. Do you think I will need them all? Thanks fellow tubbers for the imput. My Tub

Hi and congratulations on your new spa. This forum has a water chemistry section with great information and helpful people. Which chemical start up kit did you purchase? People can sanitize their spas with dichlor (chlorine), bromine, and other "alternate" sanitizers.

Thanks for the replys, I bought Rendezvous delux spa care kit. It contains Ph up , Ph down, 50 GLB test strips, brominating disinfect tablets, protect plus (protects against stain,scale and rust),activate (shock treatment without clorine to clear water eliminate odors),spa clarifier (clears cloudy water and improves filter efficency),foam out, natural clear(naturally clears cloudy water and eliminates scum buildup)and finally a bromine tablet float. WOW seems like a lot of chemicals. Do you think I will need them all? Thanks fellow tubbers for the imput. My Tub

I don't know much about bromine, I'm a chlorine gal. I can tell you that you will need most of them. You will probably only need either the ph up or down, depending on your local water. The foam out is optional, I don't use it, try not to add more to the water than I need to. The clarifier is something you may or may not need. I used it once. It definately helped, but people have warned not to use it too much. If you don't want to add the natural clear there are things called scumballs that just float in the water and attract the scum build up.