What Are Good 2-3 Person Hot Tubs?

PeteS

I have been looking around recently for a smaller hot tub for my wife and I. I almost bought a larger 6 person Cal Spa last year yet backed out due to the cost of hot tub + patio we wanted for it was too much for our budget last year.

Now, we are in better position for a nice hot tub, yet for enviromental reasons want to leave a smaller footprint. Thus, want to buy something smaller that will lose less heat when we are in it and not take up so much room.

I am wet testing the Hot Spring Solana TX today (worried that one of the chairs will be too small - pinched my shoulders in a bit when I sat in it dry). Are there other spas that people would recommend?

Also, the dealer said that the TX model would lose heat in the winter if I stayed in it for a long period of time (30+ minutes), yet this can be corrected installing it as a 30 Amp model (so both motors will run - pump and heat) instead of just the 15 Amp model. Is this correct, living in Northern Ohio?

I liked the Solana TX model because it was smaller with enough jets to get my back. Also, I like the 110 model because I do not need to install 220 volts where the electrical box is at the other end of the house (so running it 70+ feet). I was thinking about Costco models, yet am a little worried about the quality - some say they are good while others say no.

I was going to look at ThermoSpa Gemini model - yet when I got a quote it was going to be $7,000 or more where the TX is going to be $3,800 for floor model plus $99 for 30 Amp upgrade box plus $299 if I want an Ozonator.

Any suggestions or warnings would be appreciated.

What you want is a well insulated, well built tub, not necessarily a smaller one. I'd go with the Solana, if that's really the size you want. Is your placement spot limited? Because I think you can do just as well enviromentally in a larger tub if it's well made.

Stay away from Thermospa, haven't heard anybody say anything nice about them yet.

I know nothing about this tub or company but in my research for a smaller tub for the future, the Artesian River Ridge looks very interesting. It apears to haveample jets for therapy as well as 3 distinct seats without getting tangled up together. You might want to have a look.

Consider the Dimention 1 Dupree Bay.

Its loaded with power.. and IF you get the white UltraLife shell it carries a LIFETIME warranty on bilstering, leaking.. everything!!! Its a great 2 person tub

This warranty is ONLY on the APline White UltraLife color.. not any others.. as the white is NOT fiberglass and acrylic..