Artesian Variable Flow Control

diamondg

The Artesian Platinum line (not the Platinum Elite) boasts 'variable flow control,' but does not have a 'pump at each seat' design like the Platinum Elite series. How is it possible to turn up the pressure at one seat, without robbing from another, if they are sharing the same pump? How does the this implementation differ than that in the Platinum Elite series? Does the platinum line have a control for every 3 seats, while the elite line has a control at every seat? If so, isn't ir just like a diverter?

I'm a bit confused as to what extra features you are paying for in the platinum elite line, as opposed to the platinum line. Thanks.

From the Platinum (not-Platinum Elite) brochure:

VARIABLE FLOW CONTROL

The innovative variable flow control system (VFC) is

designed to work with our exclusive patented DirectFlow™

water delivery system. It allows the spa user to control the

level of massage pressure (water output) by conveniently

adjusting the spa-side control. The control consoles also

allow the user to operate and adjust the pumps from two

seating positions in the spa. The VFC replaces diverter

valves used in traditionally built spas. Unlike the diverter

valve, the VFC does not rob water from one massage area

to give more pressure to another area. Instead, the VFC

gives the user the ability to soften or increase the water

flow in the desired section of the spa, offering remarkable

massage control while retaining maximum potential

The Artesian Platinum line (not the Platinum Elite) boasts 'variable flow control,' but does not have a 'pump at each seat' design like the Platinum Elite series. How is it possible to turn up the pressure at one seat, without robbing from another, if they are sharing the same pump? How does the this implementation differ than that in the Platinum Elite series? Does the platinum line have a control for every 3 seats, while the elite line has a control at every seat? If so, isn't ir just like a diverter?

I'm a bit confused as to what extra features you are paying for in the platinum elite line, as opposed to the platinum line. Thanks.

From the Platinum (not-Platinum Elite) brochure:

VARIABLE FLOW CONTROL

The innovative variable flow control system (VFC) is

designed to work with our exclusive patented DirectFlow™

water delivery system. It allows the spa user to control the

level of massage pressure (water output) by conveniently

adjusting the spa-side control. The control consoles also

allow the user to operate and adjust the pumps from two

seating positions in the spa. The VFC replaces diverter

valves used in traditionally built spas. Unlike the diverter

valve, the VFC does not rob water from one massage area

to give more pressure to another area. Instead, the VFC

gives the user the ability to soften or increase the water

flow in the desired section of the spa, offering remarkable

massage control while retaining maximum potential

OK here is the deal on the new line of spas.....The platinum line of spas is the 06 molds of the platinum elite line with the same features of the Gold series of spas. The major difference is that instead of having 5 pumps you will have 2 or 3 pumps. The VFC will work on each pump. So if that pump is working 3 seats then all of them will the same. One thing that all of the VFC are good for it does reduce the amperage of the pumps so you will save money on your elec. bill......I am not a big fan of this line of spas.

The platinum elite spas is my choice of spa......it has a pump at each seat, with direct flow. They are smaller pumps because the pump only has to work one seat. This is what they mean about not using diverter valves.

you will have total control of the seat that you are sitting in.

The other differances are it comes standard with the permawood cabnet....dyna star lighting....trevi waterfalls (2) and LED waterfalls (2).

This is what I tell my customers is that The Islands series of spas are like every other spa on the market today. It is a well built spa. It all depends on there budget. There is not that big ao a price differance between the platinum and the platinum elite line. so the are better off paying a little more to have a spa like no other spa on the market....

My suggestion. Go wet test each spa and find the one you like the best.