Cover Lifter For Low Clearance Installation

chanster

i just took delivery of a new marquis 641r (thanks to all of you who contributed to my earlier thread). the marquis dealer's only lifter required 20+ inches of rear clearance. my installation has the tub in a corner, facing my pool, with walls on two sides. due to the proximity of the house to the pool, i have to place the spa fairly close to the wall...about 12 inches. so i need a cover lifter that will use no more than 12 inches. it appears that all of the low-clearance lifters store the cover above and slightly behind the spa, not stored down behind it (which is fine). what brands/options are the best? any links to good dealers?

thanks for all your help.

Covermate 3 from Leisure Concepts is the best for confined space IMO. Although the cover sit fully above the tub.

pathfinder, it appears that the covermate 3 attaches to the side of the spa, just below the fiberglass, with 10 screws. in my installation, the cover needs to lift to the left of the access panel (ie facing the access, the cover would fold to the left, not the rear), which means that the mount on that side would also screw the access panel into place...i would have to remove all those screws to get to the guts of the spa. that is doable, but i would rather avoid it. might there be another type of zero clearance lifter that would mount to the bottom of the spa and not restrict access to the panel?

thanks

chan