Help......

Brock

B)

Well got tub first of October...that week. Since then been in tub nearly every night we are home......filter-2 kicks in at 7pm....I check the water again......and go back inside. 8pm I put on suit, grab towel and robe.....and we get in 101*F of churning, bubbling, massaging liquid ectasy. 15 minutes later when both pumps turn from HIGH to LOW I reset pump-2 again for another 15 minutes of massage and strong jets on my chair and two empty chairs. Next cycle over....I put both on low and move to side chair for few and then corner for a cycle.....wife is floating by now on purpose with head on me and feet across spa.....for another cycle.....then last cycle is just soaking.

So spend usually 60-75 minutes per night in tub.....

Here is the delimna... I dont watch the news, any of my favorite shows, football or read......I dont clean my office as the papers pile higher...my 200 gallon reef tank needs cleaning, my 50 gallon Rift Lake Cichlid tank needs cleaning...I have gifts to wrap before wife finds the hiding place...I dont go meet friends for Monday night Trivia at DOG AND DUCK bar....and my body stays warm, relaxed, and clean.

After a good soak and massage session we get some much desired fluids to cool and refresh...head upstairs....get in bed....and the rest is for a different forum and time. :D :D

We were talking the other night...in the spa of course....as the local Classic Rock station was playing back to back Boston, Jethro Tull, Alan Parsons, and AC/DC......and we were sipping cold adult beverage that had been on ice in our spas built in ice cooler....that maybe we need to restrict ourselves to only 2-3 nights per week.

So we could get some things done in evening instead of piling them up for weekend...our skin would replenish its oils.....and maybe have easier time keeping water clean and crystal clear.

Kids are grown with youngest a freshman in college.....dog and cat are happy, fat and well fed....so nobody is being neglected...not like grandma is in other room laying in her own mess all night.

SO WHAT SAY YOU? Problem or not? B):D :D

Do I have any others that want to start a support group or run an INTERVENTION on me....LOL

Sounds to me like you are living 'la vida soaka'

Keep it up - use of the tub tends to fall off some over time, so don't actually plan to do so!

B)

Brock, we have only missed one night's soak in the two months we've owned the tub. We, also, spend atleast an hour a night soaking. I was worried about the very things you mentioned, in the beginning. Luckily, it's had the exact opposite effect. I get up early now and do what I need to around the house before I leave for work. When I get home, there is a mad dash to do any laundry, picking up, cleaning, etc. before it's time to soak. My house has never been cleaner. I just can't enjoy soaking if I'm worrying about dishes or vacuuming. As far as tv, we can watch it from the tub if we want to, if not, tivo picks them up. So, I say it's not a problem. You just need to formulate a new game plan. We both work full-time, work-out, take care of 5 acres and a house and soak every night. There's hope my friend!

[chuckling] You have a problem my friend, but the first step is admitting it. What model spa did you invest in? Sounds like one of those DeNile hottubs ;) Making Ye and She, King and Queen of De Nile. All those years of SACRIFICE for THEM... it's YOUR TIME my brother. You are pre-paid in the "Right To Soak Club". It's time to remember how you ended up with all those kids and rekindle your lost soul-mated-ness, and there's nothing quite like a hottub for <ahem>*cough*. You need someone to hold on tight, the roller coaster is downhill from here :lol: So... feel a righteous free conscience and ENJOY! ...you may not get another chance.

Bo "bad influence" Darc

Brock,

I hear you, bud!! Here's a thought for support groups.

Start a thread here similar to this one looking for folks having the same issues with their hot tubs "controlling" their lives that live in close proximity to you.

Set meeting dates (preferably evening) to discuss everyone's "issues"

Rotate residence locations for meetings and meet in 100-104 degree water to help each other with support for the addiction. :P

The newness might wear off, but I have to say it didn't for us. Up until our tub issues, I believe I could have counted on two hands the number of days that we didn't use our tub in 3 years. Enjoy it!!!

Spa $5000-$10,000

Chemicals $30-$50

Time spent in 104 degree water with jets massaging you body while snow gently falls on your head and daily stress slowly dissapates..... PRICELESS

• 1 year later...

Sold our home and they wanted to keep our surround sound system, outdoor entertainment system and our hot tub to close the deal....so after 18 months on market we sold the house and got what we had into it. Moved into new home July 2008 but no hot tub so starting all over....

Need to get a pad poured...electrical hookup run and then decide on a new tub. Looking at Hot Springs but any others would be great....as want reliability and comfort. Theraputic massage jets a must for at least two positions....a lounger would be nice....the others can be jump seats or basic jetted seats. 4-6 adult capacity fine but most of time will just be two of us like last time. Enjoyed the lighting kit, water features and music on last one...also liked the continuous circulation and scheduled auto water cleaning.

Recommendations?

Bought my first spa this year after doing a lot of research, talking to friends and colleagues, etc. My main objective was to get a solid, reliable tub that would last at least 5 years, preferably 10 years, with decent dealer support. Price was an issue for me, but secondary to quality.

After numerous visits to my local Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Sundance and Caldera dealers I basically couldn't decide, however I finally went with Sundance for no other reason than all 4 of the people I knew with this brand recommended it and the local dealer.

I believe all four of these brands make 'quality' tubs, plus some others no doubt that other posters can recommend.