1. 1. What best describes your habits

• The Jet Setters
    • The Super Soakers
    • Duh, I don't know
  2. 2. I use my tub for

• Medical benefits more then Recreation
    • Recreation more then Medical benefits
    • Scratch your head

Hello Forum, Today marks my 1 month anniversary of actually soaking in my tub. :D It has been a wonderful experience that I would recommend to anyone. Being able to soak at my convenience is such a great luxury. As a newbie to this I now realize that tubbing has many benefits that I hadn't though of when I first came up with the idea of owning a tub in the first place. My original idea was to purchase solar panels for my pool. I wanted to use the pool into December and maintain 80 - 85 degrees. I did a lot of research and had salesmen come to the house and take measurements, but I kept thinking that these guys will eventually be making holes in my roof. :o Every one of them claimed that their product wouldn't cause leaks because of this or that but I just didn't believe that sales hype and finally decided against it. My pool has a southern exposure all day so heating it to temperatures of 85 -92 degrees until late October is very easy. But when Halloween rolls around that's it. The water temperature is to cold for me and Mrs. Biggz despite daytime temps in the low to mid 80's. It wasn't hard to convince us that getting a tub would get us back in warm water and serve as another recreational part to our property. :P Now that a month has gone by the pool is a beautiful back drop to the tub. This afternoon as I soaked it dawned on me that I don't use all the seats in the tub. In fact I use 1 seat. 1 wonderful seat. I'll move to other areas of the tub, but I find myself back in that seat. The other thing is I don't hardly use the jets. I'll get in my seat, close my eyes and just enjoy the heat of the water. I'll soak like this until pump 1 turns on because of the heat loss. Once this happens (if I can last that long) I dial in the air jets, but won't put it on high. This is the way I like to use my tub. When Mrs. Biggz is in with me it's a different story. Jets are blasting away although she can't last longer then 15 minutes. My soaks usually last 30 - 40.

So my question is, are you a "Jet Setter" that likes to jump around adjusting the jets and using all the seats in your tub or a "Super Soaker" like me that uses 1 or 2 seats tops. How long do you stay in the water before turning on the jets. Last, from what you know now about your tub habits how can you improve your experience in the tub. But not in the material sense. I also set up a poll and would really like the forum to participate. Oh one more thing. How does the way you use your tub effect the wear and tear on the tub and power usage? Thanks for putting up with my crazy questions. As always your participation is greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks Biggz

have no idea....here it is though....soak nearly every night from 8-9pm....start with two 15 minute theraputic sessions with both pumps on HIGH, blower ON, and air bubbles open. Then we do two 15 minute sessions with both pumps on LOW to float and relax. I do it to relax and meditate...wife does it to float on back and give relief to her partially herniated disk.

So I guess we are soaking both ways.....:P

I definitely spend more time soaking than jetting. I go in early morning almost every day with a cup of coffee. I will "soak" till the coffee is done in one seat and then move to another seat for about a ten minute jet session. Its my favorite time of day.

The way I use my tub is completely different than what I had anticipated. If it was up to me, the jets would probably stay off. I love sitting and floating in the water in peace and quiet while looking up at the stars. My husband on the other hand, panics when the jets go off and says hit that baby one more time! So we split our time between jets and no jets. In the evenings we usually soak 45 to an hour. On weekend mornings we sit there until we turn into prunes and have to force ourselves to get out. Personally, I worried alot about number of jets, jet placement and motors, when I really just sit in a tub of hot water. :)

Personally, I worried alot about number of jets, jet placement and motors, when I really just sit in a tub of hot water. :)

Tiny, It's funny you said this. You hit on something that I too have considered since actually using a tub. Do you need all the jets that modern tubs offer to get a good soak? Too take the question further, if you're using it for soaking more then anything, are you in essence saving money on the over all operation of the tub? :D

I put "Super Soaker" but I'm more of a "Recreational Traveler", really. My hubby could probably live completely without jets. I like to turn the jets on high and let them get my back and feet for a while, then turn the jets off and sit, or float.

I also chose "Recreational" over "Medical" but I do use the tub to easy sore muscles from overuse, and I also would say that it is more "General Well-being" than "Recreation", at least in the way that latter word is usually used....

Love my tub though. Thought we were buying it mostly for my hubby and his back, but I'm the one that hates to go a day without getting in. I've also become the self-appointed maintenance geek.

When I first get in I like to turn the pumps up high and lay in the lounge seat, I stay there for about 15 min. then I move to a chair with major neck and back jets, this only lasts about 5 min. then I turn the pumps down to low and sit in the next seat while the bubbles float up my back. Thats when I am ready to watch the stars and forget the day.

Hi, my name is John, and I'm a Jetter.

A tub without jets is, well, a bunch of hot water. I am in it for the beating. Bring it on. More power.

I never just sit in the tub with the jets off.

Maybe I'm missing something. Guess I'll give it a try.

I wonder... is it mostly women who like the soak? Maybe years of training in bathtubs? Whatever works for ya, right?

Tony.......1st tub? You mean some people buy more than one? Gulp! :)

Believe it or not, there are owners out there that are on their second (or more) tub. Some upgrade after a number of years, some move and leave the old spa at the old house and buy a new one for the new house, etc. :rolleyes:

Hi, my name is John, and I'm a Jetter.

A tub without jets is, well, a bunch of hot water. I am in it for the beating. Bring it on. More power.

I never just sit in the tub with the jets off.

Maybe I'm missing something. Guess I'll give it a try.

I wonder... is it mostly women who like the soak? Maybe years of training in bathtubs? Whatever works for ya, right?

'JohnInSJ', Man when you said "I am in it for the beating" all I saw was the monk in the "The Da Vinci Code". :lol::lol:

You make an interesting observation regarding soaking. Why do you wonder "is it mostly women who like the soak". B)

Good point about the bathtub training. That's exactly how I think about my spa, one giant tub. I miss all the bath soaps and oils, I'm afraid to use them in my spa. I have, on occassion, taken out candles to surround the spa. I think you hit the nail on the head. I get to take a nice, long bath, with my hubby and watch the stars.

Good point about the bathtub training. That's exactly how I think about my spa, one giant tub. I miss all the bath soaps and oils, I'm afraid to use them in my spa. I have, on occassion, taken out candles to surround the spa. I think you hit the nail on the head. I get to take a nice, long bath, with my hubby and watch the stars.

They do make fragrances for the hottub but many we have tried were.... disappointing. DuPont makes a very enjoyable one... comes in an eight oz bottle for around $10 at my local Lowes megahardware store, so it lasts a long time. You can google online for the health benefits of spas, and you can likely search HERE... maybe just use the word "health" or "benefit", but most simply put the increase in circulation is beneficial for obvious reasons. I don't know if you would actually get less benefits from ~only~ soaking with no jets. Of course it's YOUR hottub, so....

I like to get in first thing in the morning, even before coffee. The stimulation from the jets makes me more awake in 20 minutes than two cups of coffee... that doesn't mean I skip the coffee however ;-) Then I like to end the day the same way, and soaking (no jets) is required to close that session... it's not good to get all !awake! at bedtime. So same here, wifey likes to turn off the jets after awhile.

If we're going to marathon it we cut the temp back to 100-101 degrees ...depending on the weather. Last weekend we sat in there for three hours with some friends (!) until the Mañana-tinis ran out ^_^ ...not possible at 104 degrees!

It's actually a split decision here. I am definately a jetter and LOVE to have my back beat on. My wife on the other hand, loves to just sit and soak with just the occasional jets. It really doesn't matter. The hot water with the cold outdoors on a starry night is the schiznit!!! Jets or not!!

As my first post, I would like to say, "wow!" you guys have a lot of time on your hands. I have read a few threads and I don't know where you people find the time to read and comment on all this. I think you owe your bosses a refund! I understand that some of you are passionate about your spas and there are a lot of industry cronies lurking about trying to cause controversy/help people. For those of you who genuinely help people on these things, Thank you. For those of you who just bicker about nothing, why don't you just go to a bar and get in a fight with a stranger, its much more gratifying.

I understand that what I wrote is totally hippocritical, as I am reading and posting in this forum. :P:P

To actually say something regarding the topic, I am a soaker and a jet setter does that make me weird?

As my first post, I would like to say, "wow!" you guys have a lot of time on your hands. I have read a few threads and I don't know where you people find the time to read and comment on all this. I think you owe your bosses a refund! I understand that some of you are passionate about your spas and there are a lot of industry cronies lurking about trying to cause controversy/help people. For those of you who genuinely help people on these things, Thank you. For those of you who just bicker about nothing, why don't you just go to a bar and get in a fight with a stranger, its much more gratifying.

I understand that what I wrote is totally hippocritical, as I am reading and posting in this forum. :P:P

To actually say something regarding the topic, I am a soaker and a jet setter does that make me weird?

'slash', I feel honored that you chose this thread to post your first comments, but unfortunately my friend your position regarding the amount of time spent by the members posting on this thread or the site in general seems to be a little insulting. :o To assume that we may owe the boss a refund somehow leaves the impression that we may be slacking on the job. I don't think that’s the best way to introduce yourself and expect kind communication. I do agree that some members go out of their way to criticize one thing or another but all points are valued regardless of how profane or childish they may seem.

“I am a soaker and a jet setter does that make me weird?” I don’t know, but there’s always selection 3. :lol: Welcome again. :D

Biggz, I'd have to say that so far, the operation of my tub has been the most economical thing. Adding to my tub's surrounding has been the most expensive thing. Wouldn't this be nice, wouldn't that be nice, or we need this. There is alot of talk about electric bills on here, but that hasn't been a significant expense at all. I am still awaiting a second powerbill to see if there is any effect at all on my costs. I have spent a good deal of money on water care and maintenance, but nobody seems to gripe about that. Unless something changes dramatically, chemical/water additive costs will far exceed power cost.

Biggz, I'd have to say that so far, the operation of my tub has been the most economical thing. Adding to my tub's surrounding has been the most expensive thing. Wouldn't this be nice, wouldn't that be nice, or we need this. There is alot of talk about electric bills on here, but that hasn't been a significant expense at all. I am still awaiting a second powerbill to see if there is any effect at all on my costs. I have spent a good deal of money on water care and maintenance, but nobody seems to gripe about that. Unless something changes dramatically, chemical/water additive costs will far exceed power cost.

So would it be safe to say soaking is more cost effective then running the jets? The answer seems obvious that it is since every time the jets are running it's costing money. So the next question is how long do you need to run the jets to benefit from the massage session?:D