Do You Check/change Chemicals Daily Or Just Weekly?

mike p

Mike,

Good question!

I've thinking the same thing. I just got my hot tub (Legacy Envison by Master Spa) last week and I am spending so much time reading and thinking about the different factors for the hot tub.

I am checking the levels twice a day to see if the levels are where they should be. So many people told me, that the first week is difficult to make all the adjustments to be perfect.

I know my Ph is too high, so I add the Ph decreasing, the FC at times is ok, but then I am quick to add the sanitizer.

Then the temp! I watch it too much I think I had it set at 101 and the pumps were working to get to that point. THen I said, is that too high, too low?

I just need to gain more experience with all the adjustments

i leave my bromine floater in tub at all times unless it is bugging us too much while soaking then it gets drained and inverted on the lid for the beer cooler at back of tub. i wish there was a tether device to stick it to filter lid and keep it floating near front and away from seat positions.

initially used the 2 setting as recommend but never kept bromine up to good level...so changed to 4 and it got too high...so working with it between 3 and 4 to see how it works.

dil, I think you are probably investing too much time in it. Twice a day seems like alot. When my sister got her spa she was like you. She had a really hard time getting her water "right". She dumped, refilled and took a simpler approach. Since then, she has had no problems. You mentioned the sanitizer level is ok, but then you are quick to add sanitizer. What sanitizer are you using? For the temp., I think whatever temp you like to soak in is "just right". It seems to me that the more adjustments people make, the more things they add to the spa, the harder the water is to maintain. Luckily, you are in the right place with lots of people to help.

dil, I think you are probably investing too much time in it. Twice a day seems like alot. When my sister got her spa she was like you. She had a really hard time getting her water "right". She dumped, refilled and took a simpler approach. Since then, she has had no problems. You mentioned the sanitizer level is ok, but then you are quick to add sanitizer. What sanitizer are you using? For the temp., I think whatever temp you like to soak in is "just right". It seems to me that the more adjustments people make, the more things they add to the spa, the harder the water is to maintain. Luckily, you are in the right place with lots of people to help.

The FC level to start was 3, now its almost always 0-1. The santizer I am using is from the kit from my dealer, Spa Solutions.

I was told that the MasterSpa Legacy Envision has an ozone generator, but I do not see it in the users manual.

One week into my new spa, I am testing every other day:

ph = 7.9 to 8.1

fc = 0-1

th = 380

Ah = 120

From the manual, it seems like I need to get the free cholrine up .. Not sure why it has dropped from the first two days.

Temp is now set at 101 and the pumps are kicking in now to keep the temp level and when the filter cycle starts up.

I am slowly getting the hang of it. So folks who have had spas for a while have told me they add all the chemicals at once (when needed), the manual indicates adding one at a time, waiting 15 minutes, etc. Does it really make a difference?

Thanks for the help here