How To Drain An Infinity Spa?

bob6411

youll need to hold the assembly in place, or re-tighten the nut holding it in place. You may also need to pull outward once turned to vent the drain if you get just a trickle.

Thanks Spa-Zoro. You pointed me in the right direction. I actually had to push the drain hose bib in to get the water to flow. It would be nice if that was in the manual.

I would like to drain my Infinity spa but I can't figure out how to open the drain. The manual says to turn the drain hose bib counterclockwise to open but that doesn't seem to work - the whole assembly just turns and no water comes out. Can someone tell me how to do this?

My Infinity spa contains a drain valve similar to the one found on a Bullfrog spa and the procedure is turn and pull it out, attach hose, push in.

A detailed step-by-step procedure can be found here.. I've copied it for your convenience and it can be found below.

To Drain Your Spa:

Step 1: Turn-off main electrical breaker to spa.

Step 2: Locate drain spout below equipment compartment door.

locate.jpg

Step 3: Pull the drain spout out with a slight clockwise turn.

Note: Drain spout is fully extended at approximately 2 inches. Use pliers if needed.

pull.jpg

Step 4: Remove drain cap.

Note: The drain spout will not drain when fully extended.

remove.jpg

Step 5: Attach a standard garden hose. Push the drain spout in halfway to actuate the drain.

atttach.jpg

Note: The Spa will drain about 5 gallons per minute. Ensure that the drainage is in an area safely away from window wells or basement entries.

Step 6: Once the spa is fully drained, pull the drain spout out all the way, remove hose, replace the drain cap and push drain in all the way.

I would like to drain my Infinity spa but I can't figure out how to open the drain. The manual says to turn the drain hose bib counterclockwise to open but that doesn't seem to work - the whole assembly just turns and no water comes out. Can someone tell me how to do this?

If you have one like mine, the little spout thing is on the side and you are supposed to hook it to a garden hose to drain. Well the turning part is right but that little round pipe spout thing pulls out toward you as well. You have to do that to. Try it and let me know if it works, good luck. Vicki : :)

• 1 month later...

Is the drain spout on Infinity Sun Peak supposed to be fully extended while tub is operating? We keep pushing it in all the way so that it is not inadvertantly subject to someone breaking it by tripping or hitting it with their foot. Once the pump goes on it is pushed out all the way. Anyone else experiencing this?

Is the drain spout on Infinity Sun Peak supposed to be fully extended while tub is operating? We keep pushing it in all the way so that it is not inadvertantly subject to someone breaking it by tripping or hitting it with their foot. Once the pump goes on it is pushed out all the way. Anyone else experiencing this?

We built our step so it fits over the drain spout. When we need to get to it, we just move the step out of the way. But when we don't need it, it's out of sight and out of the way.

Is the drain spout on Infinity Sun Peak supposed to be fully extended while tub is operating?

All the way out to get access so you can remove the drain cap for draining.

All the way in during normal operation so no one trips over it.

Half-way in while actually draining. The tub won't drain if pushed all the way in or all the way out.

HTH,

Ken

Is the drain spout on Infinity Sun Peak supposed to be fully extended while tub is operating?

All the way out to get access so you can remove the drain cap for draining.

All the way in during normal operation so no one trips over it.

Half-way in while actually draining. The tub won't drain if pushed all the way in or all the way out.

HTH,

Ken

Ken, I understand what you are saying but ours keeps popping all the way out. When you push it in do you turn it at all to lock it?