Digital Aquatech Chem Reader

newtubblues

I was having trouble reading the "stick" for the chemicals in the hot tub. I can never see the changes in the colors to know what is good and what is needed. I purchased a Digital Aquatech Chemical reader that reminds me of a Diabetes blood sugar counter. So far I got the same outcome as bringing the water into the dealer- And I liked that it told in numbers/ not colors to try to decipher.

Has anyone used one of these before?

Thanks

Deanne

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's so-so. I'm definitely going to get a test kit sooner than later anyway... the readings vary quite a bit, even when taken one right after the other. This one is a digital strip reader, though- I'm not sure if the one you were talking about is the same or not. There was a link posted somewhere on this site for a machine which was a bit more expensive- I think it was $100 to $150 US... drop in the bucket for you guys though :D The weakness of the digital strip reader is, of course, the strips. It is still better than trying to figure out what color is what on the strips by eyesight alone, though... so like I say, it's a toss up. I'd look into the more complex machine (wish I could help with the name) which someone was claiming was quite accurate. Good luck!!

Tony

Two of the local dealers have electronic readers which read strips they dip into your water sample. One reader gave ballpark results similar to my accuchek test strips (and to another dealer's drop-based testing results) but the other electronic reader was way off. I would think there is a still a lot of dependency on the quality of the strips themselves and how you dip them (how long in the water, to swirl or not, hold it flat to hold the water or on it's side, etc).

And I wonder if those things can get out of calibration (oh, the irony! getting a drop-based test kit to check your meter!).

And I wonder if those things can get out of calibration (oh, the irony! getting a drop-based test kit to check your meter!).

HAHA! Seems like that's pretty much where it's headed, doesn't it? And yeah, it does seem as if the quality of the strip would make a huge difference in the results... I'm just gonna get a kit (as soon as I use up all those damn strips... the things are expensive! :D

HAHA! Seems like that's pretty much where it's headed, doesn't it? And yeah, it does seem as if the quality of the strip would make a huge difference in the results... I'm just gonna get a kit (as soon as I use up all those damn strips... the things are expensive! :D

There are 5 reviews on amazon.com and they are not good then compared to drop testing. I will try and source Taylor kit in the UK.

Pondlife