Thermo Spas Anyone

Hi Guys;

My wife and I are about to "take the Plunge" (pardon the pun). We have done some shopping, and now we have an appointment set up with a ThermoSpas rep.

After making the appointment, I did some web surfing. I must say, there are A LOT of comments regarding ThermoSpas, and most of them are strongly negative. For example: Terrible service, Overpriced, Under powered. Warranty not given in writing. Person who authorizes the warranty repairs is never available.

My wife is an RN who spends most of the day on her feet, so she really needs the stress releif that a hot tub could provide. I am a computer analyst, and although I sit behind a desk all day long, I also get a lot of stress.

I did get the information package that I requested fromThermoSpas, and it is impressive, although much of it is on a DVD. There was a brochure, but it doesn't have any information at all about some features (e.g. L.E.D. package, stereo unit).

Since we will be buying our first spa, I'd like to get something flashy. I like their "bubbler" feature. One local tech guy (not ThermoSpas) told us to avoid getting a built-in stereo. He said that the ozonators cause the "head units" (the removable face of the CD player) to go bad in about a year. And guess what... the longest warranty that you can get for the CD player is.... one year.

I also have reservations about not being able to either see or wet test a hot tub before buying it.

Sorry for going on and on, but I'd like to find out if anyone out there has nice things to say about ThermoSpas. People who dislike a product are much more likely to post their opinions on the web. So I'm asking if there are any satisfied ThermoSpa customers out there. And of course, any feedback from repair techs would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks to all.

All of ThermoSpas marketing techniques aside, if you are the type of person who would lay out thousands of dollars for an automobile, for example, that you've never seen nor driven then you are exactly the sort of victim that ThermoSpas is looking for.

I, too, nibbled at the ThermoSpas bait and invited their local sales rep out to my house. I can't quite remember exactly where it was in the sales presentation...

"Oh, I'm not on a commission. I'm on a salary." or "If you have any mechanical problem with

your spa within the first year, we will simply change it out and give you a new one." or "If you

agree to purchase a ThermoSpa, tonight, and give me a 50% deposit check, my manager has

authorized me to give you a $2500.00 discount."

...that I threatened to do him bodily harm if he didn't gather up his sales props and leave my home and property immediately.

Do yourself a huge favor. Shop around. Don't make a rash decision. Stuff your's and the missus' bathing suits in a bag and get out there and take some spas for a wet test. Methodically explore this web site and read what others have to say about their spa searches and decisions AND what they have to say after the fact. We've all been through what you're going through. Learn from our mistakes and triumphs.

Good Luck!

thermospas are crap! Where is the store? whos goig to fix your tub, its subcontracted to a company that could give a ****! Go to a rec warehouse. Do a "wet test" and get a warranty locally! My hotsprings came with 5 yr warranty and the serive guys are coming out to replace my auxillary pad within 1 week, just becaue it looks a bit faded. But then again hotsprings are the bomb!!

Do not buy a tub until you have wet tested it first. If they won't fill it, FORGET IT period!!!!!! IMO stereo way over priced. tv not for me. Lights, fountains, bubblers, etc different strokes for different folks. Good luck with your seach it appears as if it"s just starting. steve

No offense, but I would keep looking. There are several major brands, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hotspring, Caldera, Marquis, Artesian, D1, etc. that would fit the bill. The sales tatics by Thermospa are very scam like. If you are reading this site you are above their tactics.

No offense, but I would keep looking. There are several major brands, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hotspring, Caldera, Marquis, Artesian, D1, etc. that would fit the bill. The sales tatics by Thermospa are very scam like. If you are reading this site you are above their tactics.

you are where i was 9 months ago - todat i'm enjoying my hot springs grandee. no stero but everthing possible to keep my maintenance time down. you must do a wet test, that changed my mind from sundance to hot springs. I too was impressed with the thermospa cd presentation and reading material but i'm soooo glad i backed away from them after the presentation in my home.

good luck.

Thermospas can be impressive until you shop the local premium spa dealers and see what you can really get and then you realize Thermospas is not a good value at all.

It seems weird that no Thermo Spas owners have commented at all. How could they be the largest seller of hot tubs in the world and yet nobody owns one?

I get alot of people in the store that says they had a rep come to the house yet I have not heard of one person buying one. I always call me leads back and the sales I didn't get I would ask what they went with. There chemicals are overpriced also.

It seems weird that no Thermo Spas owners have commented at all. How could they be the largest seller of hot tubs in the world and yet nobody owns one?

I'm not surprised actually. Anyone who would come on this site is the type of person who researches their purchases and those type people don't end up with a Thermospas.

I'm not surprised actually. Anyone who would come on this site is the type of person who researches their purchases and those type people don't end up with a Thermospas.

Amen to that! We had always thought of hot tubs as those little round, wooden things. The Thermospa commercials made us realize that spas can be large and luxurious, but some searching on the web quickly showed me that I did NOT want to deal with them. We shopped around locally, wet tested, and ended up with a Vita that we love. I can't even imagine having bought it without wet testing. We didn't want a stereo or television....just something else to break! Our options were the LED lights and misters (a necessity in FL if you don't have screen to protect you from the bugs at night). We like being able to go back to the dealer with questions etc. (thankfully we haven't had any big problems).

Good for you for doing your research before biting on Thermospa.