Our Spa Has Arrived

elegante

Well after a month of long hard work prepping our yard we finally got the tub installed on Friday.We added on a 10x12 deck about 9 ft in the air.We also had to upgrade the electric service to the house because we only had a 100 amp service before and the tub required 60 amps it's self.I had my first soak Saturday morning followed by the wife Saturday night.We bought a 2008 Reflections Elegante.

Hot_tub_012.sized.jpg

Hot_tub_014.sized.jpg

Here is a pic of the new deck with out the rail installed.

hot_tub_deck_017.sized.jpg

Well after a month of long hard work prepping our yard we finally got the tub installed on Friday.We added on a 10x12 deck about 9 ft in the air.We also had to upgrade the electric service to the house because we only had a 100 amp service before and the tub required 60 amps it's self.I had my first soak Saturday morning followed by the wife Saturday night.We bought a 2008 Reflections Elegante.

Hot_tub_012.sized.jpg

Hot_tub_014.sized.jpg

'elegante', Very Nice!! Congratulations on your new tub, Soak long and prosper. :D

Now THAT's a solid looking deck...or at least it better be. ENJOY yourselves.....there's nothing like soaking your stress away each night.

Congrats....

hot_tub_deck_018.sized.jpg

It has 6x6 post,4 2x12 main beams with the center ones doubled up and 2x10 joist's 12 inches on center.I built it to outlast the house.It is rated at 175psf.

Congrats! Looks wonderful.

Funny how, once you actually get the tub installed and powered, the cost of the tub vs all the other stuff is almost lost in the noise :D I'm guessing your electrical upgrade + deck + elect. install was in the ballpark of the price of the tub itself :P

If you could, after a few months, let me know how that cover lifter works out. We went for the one that slings it all the way down along the side of the tub because we were worried about the sail effect in high winds - San Jose isn't cold, but where we are we're in the wind tunnel for the daily air exchange between the valley and the marine layer...

Congrats! Looks wonderful.

Funny how, once you actually get the tub installed and powered, the cost of the tub vs all the other stuff is almost lost in the noise :D I'm guessing your electrical upgrade + deck + elect. install was in the ballpark of the price of the tub itself :P

If you could, after a few months, let me know how that cover lifter works out. We went for the one that slings it all the way down along the side of the tub because we were worried about the sail effect in high winds - San Jose isn't cold, but where we are we're in the wind tunnel for the daily air exchange between the valley and the marine layer...

Thanks for the compliments! Actually with the electric upgrade and install and the deck work i did all myself with help from a few friends.I saved a ton of money that way.The whole upgrade of the electric and panel plus the tub electric cost less than what some people spend on the tub electric alone.

I will let you know in a few months how i like the cover lift.So far so good.We have some strong winds with the tub being that high in the air.