Dimension One Californian Spa..

out2bargin

My husband and I bought a used Dimension One Californian Spa 2 years ago. We love it….but we are having recurring issues with it. We have to date had to replace the heater, both pumps, and have replaced the circuit board 4 times. The circuit board keeps burning up (with smoke and flames). We originally thought that maybe the problem was that we were running the pump cycles back to back and the board couldn’t handle the draw, thus resulting in overheating. That worked fine for the last 6 months…but it again is starting to smell of electrical overheating. The circuit board has not burned up again because we caught in time and turned the spa off. Does anyone have any advice as to what the problem can be?

Sounds like you're dumping too much power into it. Have you had an electrician out to check the 240v?

We checked it with a tech over the phone using a volt meter. However we are not professionals. I will have a real electrician check it out. Thanks! I will post their response when it is completed.

Sounds like you're dumping too much power into it. Have you had an electrician out to check the 240v?

We checked it with a tech over the phone using a volt meter. However we are not professionals. I will have a real electrician check it out. Thanks! I will post their response when it is completed.

Well, we had an electrician check out the voltage. It was within the proper range, but he found loose wires in the quick disconnect box and in the panel box. He tightened them and believes he solved the problem. I certainly hope so!

I assume he checked the breaker too?

I had a brand new one from the store when I was installing, still didn't trip. Had to go buy another.

Yes, he checked the connections in the breaker box as well as all connections in the box on the spa. He found loose wires in every location! I am very glad the loose wires resulted in the burned up spa components instead of a house fire.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Have a great Thanksgiving!