Pricing Hot Spring Vs Sundance

husker1

I don't know the ages of your kids....but a few things to look for if they are younger. A cool down seat, a lock-out so they don't mess w/the jets & temp, and things they can pull off. My older child (10) loves to block half the waterfall to see how far he can shoot the other half out of the tub. It drives me nuts. My toddler loves to walk around all the seats, so open seating is good for kids, he also loves to pull the filter cover off.

Keep in mind, kids should not be in very hot water for long. We keep ours 98-99.

I negotiated a final price of $9500 for an Optima w/stereo, steps, lifter, delivery, chemicals and ozone, but ended up purchasing a Caldera after all.

You want the Truth? All are great spas! What it comes down to is dealer support....Which dealer do you trust more. Never, ever, buy a spa based on the stereo it has.

I guess that kinda sums it up. What about other useless stuff like waterfalls, lighting, jet covers, remotes.

I can't help the poster except to say price varys widely by area and dealer. Shipping costs and overheads can make prices different not only in defferent areas of the country but at different dealers in the same area. One may buy a whole truck load and only have to add 50-100 bucks per tub to cover shipping while another down the road may only buy 2-3 at a time and have to add 2-4 hundred per tub for freight. Several things can make one price a thousand or two difference from one dealer to the next.

Was looking for what anyone had paid for a few tubs we are planning on wet testing.

Sundance Optima or maxxus

Hot spring grandee or vista

Any thoughts on these tubs would be appreciated also. We have 3 kids so are looking for something that has plenty of room.

Thanks

I picked up a 2007 Sundance Maxxus for $11,800. The price includes tax delivery, everything except TV/stereo and was delivered in October last year. There was a six week wait because the unit was made to order and required rail transportation from California to Boston. Didn't bother with the stereo or TV as these things break easily, and to me it's all about the soak and relaxation of the water. You are only going to be in the tub for 20-30 minutes anyway.

Includes Ozone, two waterfalls, lights, steps and a cover of course.

Quoted an Optima for $1000 less, but chose the Maxxus based on deeper water as well as lounge seat.

Did the electrical install myself since that was one of my Summer jobs years ago in college. The electrical install for a Maxxus is rather tricky even for experts so I don't recommend doing it yourself. Electrician quote in my area (Boston) would have been about $1000.

Electric bill has increased $50 to $70 in the cold months. Expect electrical costs to drop near $30 per month in the warmer season. Keep in mind I live in a cold environment with high electric costs (9.7 cents per kWh).

Maxxus is a great tub. Also expect Optima is just a good, but a little smaller. I didn't really look at any Hot Springs models, however I hear they compete rather well with Sundance.

Good luck!

I appreciate the input. I know that prices will vary depending on what area one is in.

Both of the dealers we are looking at are trustworthy and have been in business with these brands for at least 10 years.

I just wanted to get a feel for what a reasonable price is for these spa's. I had found some posts on spa forums and I was looking for some updated information. Here was a ball park of what seemed to be posttd 6-9 months ago, ( I haven't found much more recent).

Hot spring Grandee $9000

Sundance Maxxus $$9500

Sundance Optima $8500

These are all without some of the extra's such as stereo, etc.

Couldn't find much on Hot Spring Vista.

I really want the companies that sell these products to make a profit and stay in business, as this is in both of our best interest. However, I would like to find out what others are paying for them as there is no comparable "Edmunds.com" (car information website) for spa's.

Hot spring Grandee $9000

Sundance Maxxus $$9500

Sundance Optima $8500

These are all without some of the extra's such as stereo, etc.

Couldn't find much on Hot Spring Vista.

Don't know about Sundance, but I have been shopping Hot Springs.

In the Seattle area, the Vista and Grandee are both going for $11400 right now.

The Vanguard, $9700, and the Envoy $10400. I'd jump all over a Grandee at $9000...ain't happening in Seattle, I'm pretty sure.

Wet tested at hot spring. Didn't have a Grandee available. Tested the Envoy, Vangard, Aria. Liked the Envoy. Wouldn't mind a little bigger.

Any thoughts on the envoy vs the grandee. No lounge in the grandee, but that wasn't that big of a deal. Any thoughts on depth of seats, jets, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wet tested at hot spring. Didn't have a Grandee available. Tested the Envoy, Vangard, Aria. Liked the Envoy. Wouldn't mind a little bigger.

Any thoughts on the envoy vs the grandee. No lounge in the grandee, but that wasn't that big of a deal. Any thoughts on depth of seats, jets, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try any of the Sundance models yet?

Isn't the Vista the same as the Envoy, but with 1 more seat? It has a lounger.

Here is the Vista - The blue shows best on computer screens:

oh_vista_azurite.png

Here is the Envoy - see above regarding color:

oh_envoy_azurite.jpg

HTH

B)

• 3 weeks later...