Hot Springs Contoller

tim153

I have a 1997 hot springs jet setter. The transformer on the circuit board is bad. Its easy to see that is is bad. I have the stills to replace this but have been unable to find just a transformer. The local dealer only has the complete board, but it is costly with being on disabilty.

Anyone know where I may find a replacement transforer or maybe somewhere that rebuilds board. I would be willing to send it in for repairs, or buy a rebuilt.

Thanks from the new kid on the block

You should be able to order any electronic component ever made on the internet somewhere, if you can just find the part number (and from that, the specs) of the component.

I'll run the google search if you can get me started with the part number. It should be printed somewhere on the component.

Where do you live?

There are companies who will repair the board. HotSpring does not sell the componants, but we could send it in and have it repaired, or you could do as John said and find out the specs for the tranformer itself.

B)

The transformer is by Eaton Corp

25C10015A01

549-9717 MEXICO

Class 130B299PB20A

I called a local applaince part supplier and other spa repair shops. I even tried a computer repair place and did a search on the net and I could not find anything on this Xformer. I know it is a multi tap with guessing now 12-16 pins on the back. And it is 120 volt.

Thanks for the help

I have a 1997 hot springs jet setter. The transformer on the circuit board is bad. Its easy to see that is is bad. I have the stills to replace this but have been unable to find just a transformer. The local dealer only has the complete board, but it is costly with being on disabilty.

Anyone know where I may find a replacement transforer or maybe somewhere that rebuilds board. I would be willing to send it in for repairs, or buy a rebuilt.

I live near South Bend IN

Where do you live?

There are companies who will repair the board. HotSpring does not sell the componants, but we could send it in and have it repaired, or you could do as John said and find out the specs for the tranformer itself.

B)

If the transformer is built onto the board and is obviously bad, yes it can be replaced. My Question is, how many other componets are also bad, that are not obvious? What if you were able to come up with a transformer replaced it and still nothing worked? Ouch, what a waste of time hu? been there done that, Did you say Hot-Springs, put it in the yard sale and get rid of it. I'll give you 20 bucs for it as is. Serious, is it just old? Do you have water leaking onto it? Do you have other problems, leaks in the equipment area. Is this a bucket-O-Rust? What are we working with here? Is the rest of the board pristine, or, are there hot spots near pump 1, and the heater relays? I can get you a board if you need one. Hey good idea. I can get, all you guys anything, wow never thought of that. Yes I can hook you up. I rebuild boards frequently, relays, and chips most often; Transformers?... very rarly; board is usually toast by then. If it's a good tub, in good shape, get a new board,

; after install, have an amp draw, spike test done on your pumps. If your pumps are spiking over 50 amps consider replacing them. They will burn up the relays on your board. A burnt transformer means the board is drawing more than the transformer is capable of handeling, poor designe. This is only my personal opinion, based on experience. The same applies to any form of electronics, tvs computers, stereos ect. I also repair and service all of the above, It's what got me into the pool and spa world. Check this out, They want you to run 6 gage wire to your spa for example, yet the relays on the board that handel the very same load are micro small. little tiny points in line after # 6 gage wire. Oh ya. ever wonder why so many boards catch fire? To me it's a total joke. look at an old school spa, with a real heater contactor, now that can handel the amp draw. Back in the day, I worked on hot tubs that were wood fired; serious, those never shorted out, lol. Time is money, get a new board. Google, Norvac Electronics, look up the transformer.

How much for the transformer?

If the transformer is built onto the board and is obviously bad, yes it can be replaced. My Question is, how many other componets are also bad, that are not obvious? What if you were able to come up with a transformer replaced it and still nothing worked? Ouch, what a waste of time hu? been there done that, Did you say Hot-Springs, put it in the yard sale and get rid of it. I'll give you 20 bucs for it as is. Serious, is it just old? Do you have water leaking onto it? Do you have other problems, leaks in the equipment area. Is this a bucket-O-Rust? What are we working with here? Is the rest of the board pristine, or, are there hot spots near pump 1, and the heater relays? I can get you a board if you need one. Hey good idea. I can get, all you guys anything, wow never thought of that. Yes I can hook you up. I rebuild boards frequently, relays, and chips most often; Transformers?... very rarly; board is usually toast by then. If it's a good tub, in good shape, get a new board,

; after install, have an amp draw, spike test done on your pumps. If your pumps are spiking over 50 amps consider replacing them. They will burn up the relays on your board. A burnt transformer means the board is drawing more than the transformer is capable of handeling, poor designe. This is only my personal opinion, based on experience. The same applies to any form of electronics, tvs computers, stereos ect. I also repair and service all of the above, It's what got me into the pool and spa world. Check this out, They want you to run 6 gage wire to your spa for example, yet the relays on the board that handel the very same load are micro small. little tiny points in line after # 6 gage wire. Oh ya. ever wonder why so many boards catch fire? To me it's a total joke. look at an old school spa, with a real heater contactor, now that can handel the amp draw. Back in the day, I worked on hot tubs that were wood fired; serious, those never shorted out, lol. Time is money, get a new board. Google, Norvac Electronics, look up the transformer.