What Is The Best Way To Test Spa Water?

rdefino

Hi all,

I just received a new Dimension 1 spa...Love it.

I have the test strips but I'd like to be more accurate. I was looking at the:

AquaChek® TruTest Digital Test Strip Reader, Tests for Free Chlorine/Bromine, pH and Total Alkalinity.

Are these good to use? I thought this might be more accurate and eaiser than drop test kits.

My spa place has me using Spa guard chemicals. Are they good stuff? Or should I use another product? Any thought for a 1st time owner would be great. Also I'm a chlorine users, not Bromine.

Thanks

I would recommend the Taylor K-2006 available from Taylor here or from Leslie's here or from poolcenter.com here (careful: the K-2006, NOT the K-2005) or the even better TF100 test kit from tftestkits.com which uses Taylor reagents but you get 36% more number of tests (the reagent bottle volumes are larger) here.

The FAS-DPD chlorine test in the above kits is the most accurate and is a "count the drops" until the sample turns from red/pink to clear so it's not difficult, even if one has trouble comparing color intensities. It is similar to the TA and CH tests in terms of counting drops until there is a distinct change in color.

Richard