Which To Choose...suggestions?

Bobo

Hello,

My wife and I recently have thought about buying a new hot tub. We stopped at our local dealer who supplies Hot Springs and Sundance tubs...we were leading towards the Maxxus by Sundance, very nice looking and sounds like an all around winner, esp. the maint. We were passing a LA spas dealer and popped into see what they had to offer, they looked nice also, we like the summit speakers feature on their HEET model. I am not sure but I think that by my gut and now by reading around a few of the posts here that the Sundance is the better tub....am I correct or not in that assumption? Desperately need some help in making the choice between the two, we like the washability of the LA spas filters but read that it isnt all it's cracked up to be...although the salespeople said they have the best filtered H2O and best Ozone due to it being incorporated into the water not simply resting on top of the water. We thank you for your help!

Joe and Leslie

Waste time! You definately want to know exactly what you are gettting with each spa and you want to wet test, each spa, atleast once. I know people that own both Hot Spring and Sundance, and are very pleased with them. I think they are both very good spas and you probably can't go wrong. I don't know alot about LA spas. Could you explain to me about the washable filters? I'm a little confused because I thought all spa filters were washable. Don't be too excited about claims about the best water quality. I had a Marquis dealer tell me you could drink the water in their spas. Umm, no thanks. While you need adequate pumps and filter size, you will have a huge effect on your water quality. The water in any spa will be nasty if it's not maintained properly. Good Luck and happy hunting!

I would personally go with Sundance or Hot spring over LA and I've read the mixed reviews on the filters bags. Don't let the filter cleaning affect your decision, it's not a major deal even if those bags were well received.

The Maxxus is tricky though, a huge tub with less seating that you'd expect. That's partly why they sell more Optimas so I'd certainly wet test before buying.